Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Cardio and Abs Day

I was hoping to give myself more time to do things at home, but I spend so much time at the gym that I'm always running short. It's hard for me to leave when I feel so good there. Or rather, the things I do make me feel awesome and then of course, I don't want to leave. But I do. Eventually. Actually, I did leave early today. And put my new license plates and registration on my car and went to the oil change place to see if they did NYS inspections. They do NOT. And then off to the post office. And then to the store. And then made an appointment at an auto shop to get an inspection. Then made myself a note to take my old plates off my old car to turn them in so I can take the car off my insurance. And then to call the car donation place. And maybe shop for new bolts because I don't like my plates attached by only two screws when there's four slots on each holder. Whew! I make myself tired just thinking about everything I have to do.

Today is Cardio and Core day. So first the cross-trainer, and then some ab work, and then back to the elliptical for Performance Program #3. Followed by 20 min of LISS. Just because. Crunches make my neck ache. I should probably find something else to do that doesn't scab my tail bone or stress my neck. Did a few weird camel/cat lower back stretches as well. Tomorrow is Back and Biceps Day. My sunburn is still bothering me. It's a good thing I have an old bottle of aloe vera/lidocaine/tea tree oil gel made just for sunburns. I'm oddly sore, probably from that new One-Arm DB Lying Lateral Raise. It's amazing how a new movement, even with super light weight, can make you sore.

I stand on the locker room bench in my bare feet and snap a few photos in the vanity mirror. By the 3rd shot I've at least remembered to look at the camera and fashion a smile of sorts. Not a great photo, especially I'm totally sodden with sweat, but not the worse I've ever taken by far. 

Tuesday Workout
(8.1 miles total)


Steady State
Calorie :   138 CAL
Distance: 3.81 mile
Speed :    7.56 mph
Duration : 00:30:05

Set 1 : 50x25
Set 2 : 50x25
Set 1 : 25 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 25 Lap/Rep
Set 1 : 00:01:44
Set 2 : 00:01:48
Set 3 : 00:01:38
Performanc Program #3
Calorie :   259 CAL
Distance: 2.9 mile
Duration : 00:30:02
LISS
Calorie :   103 CAL
Distance: 1.39 mile
Duration : 00:20:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...