Wednesday, June 10, 2015

New and Used

I got my new used car home yesterday, but it almost didn't happen. They wanted me to come over at 6 pm. What?! No way! Wednesday? Not good for them. How about 2 pm. Okay, we can do that just as long as someone is home to meet the schoolbus at 3:45 pm. My hubs decided he could work from home as long as he dialed into a conference call at 1 pm. So we planned to drive to the dealership earlier and just sit in the parking lot since my hubs can't do a conference call while driving. The conference call gets cancelled at the last minute. What a waste of time. So we go to lunch. And just as we head to the dealership, we get a call that they can't register the car to me because they haven't received the lien-release from the previous owner. What?!

So we get on the highway to go home and are just at our exit when the dealership calls. The lien-release got delivered to the dealership next door by accident. They have it now. Can we come back? So we turn around and head back. It's sunny out but we've seen the severe weather warnings. After my hubs drops me off, I tell him he has to meet the school bus. Because there is so much paperwork, I'm not able to get home in time to take my son to his MineCraft meetup at the library either. My husband has to do that too, while preparing to leave for Boston the next day. Meanwhile, the sky darkens, I hear thunder and then rolling sheets of water crash down from ominous storm clouds. The wind is whipping rain sidewise. "I'm not driving in that," I tell the finance guy. Eventually the sun comes out again and all my paperwork is finalized. Just in time for pre-rush hour traffic. Yippee!

This morning I put a few things back in my car, including my ancient Sirius Radio receiver. The antennae is a magnet you stick on the roof of your car, and then the wire trails through the window. It's ancient technology because I'm sure everything is BlueTooth these days. I put the antennae on a piece of rubberized matting (used to keep rugs from slipping) on my dashboard. The suction cups have long lost their abilities so I remove the mounting and stick the receiver inside a shelf just below the radio and 6-CD changer. I'm not sure why a 6-CD changer became the icon of luxury 5 years ago. It's good I have several dozen CDs in a big shoe box, just for putting in my car.

Today is Back and Biceps Day with HIIT and LISS cardio. Oddly, I'm still sore from Monday's home workout which consisted of 20 minutes on an elliptical, 150 push ups (not all at once), sit ups and some very light DB work. I suspect it's that new movement, DB Lying One-Arm Lateral Raises, with the measely 5 lb DB that has my lats a tad achy. I only work each body part once a week but I still feel guilty for all the time I spend at the the gym. And it's not like I'm a chatty person either. Today is fairly routine, but I have to check last week's log to know how much I should be lifting. I'd slack off if it weren't for records of my previous workouts.

I up the weights at Seated and Standing One-Arm Cable Rows. Because I'm twisting my arm as I row in to my lat, my biceps seem to be getting the bulk of the benefits. Which means they are absolutely exhausted by the time I try to do full Drag Curls. I can complete partial Drag Curls and that movement is enough for me to feel my biceps contract. Bringing my elbows forwards to finish the movement isn't very graceful, and doesn't seem very productive for my short arms and long torso. RG  BB Curls are my last exercise before doing HIIT cardio. It's just fun fun fun today! I know I can't do 10 straight minutes of HIIT cardio. I'm just too tired. So I do 5 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of LISS to recover a calmer heart rate before another 5 minutes of HIIT. The next 15 minutes of LISS goes by effortlessly. I do a partial Mat Stretch because my lower back feels achy and tight. I'm still following my hot showers with cold for as long as I can stand to shiver. It's not very long, maybe 10-15 seconds. But it feels good.

I get out to the parking lot and wonder if I'll recognize my car. Not only is it bigger, newer, shinier, it's a different color altogether. And it has leather seats and steering wheel! OMG! This is the nicest car I've ever owned. Ever. I feel like a kid. The only things I absolutely had to have were automatic transmission (bad knees can't do a stick), fog lights and alloy wheels (because of the rust isues). Everything else is like icing on the cake!

Wednesday Workout
(3.97 miles total; 30,655 lbs moved)


WarmUp
Calorie :   74 CAL
Distance: 1.91 mile
Speed :    7.66 mph
Duration : 00:15:02
Set 1 : 55x15 (Bar)
Set 2 : 105x12
Set 3 : 105x12
Set 4 : 125x12
Set 5 : 125x12
Set 6 : 125x12
I would've done sets at 105 if it werent' for my tracking app telling me to do 125 lbs.
Set 1 : 90x12
Set 2 : 105x10
Set 3 : 120x8
Set 4 : 120x8
Set 5 : 120x8
Set 1 : 30x12
Upping Wt today
Set 2 : 37.5x12
Set 3 : 45x12
Set 4 : 45x12
Set 5 : 52.5x12
Set 6 : 60x8
Set 1 : 40x12
Set 2 : 40x12
Set 3 : 40x12
Back Extension Machine                
Set 1 : 210x15
Set 2 : 210x15
Set 3 : 210x15
50.67
Set 1 : 40x8 OMG!Set 2 : 40x7
Set 3 : 40x7
66.67
Set 1 : 40x20
Set 2 : 40x20
Set 3 : 40x20
Calorie :   193 CAL
Distance: 2.06 mile
5 min HIIT
5 min LISS
5 min HIIT
15 min LISS
Duration : 00:30:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...