Friday, June 26, 2015

Abbreviated Leg Day

My priorities today are to get a good cardio workout, and work those hamstrings a bit because they lag behind my quads. Just as my biceps lag behind my triceps, I suspect there is a genetic component to how we are shaped in spite of our best efforts to mold ourselves. I have my son with me and he's hopeful that there will be boys his age in the gym's Child Care room. There are only two girls in the room when we get there.

The parking lot is promisingly crowded. A lot of women take morning classes there: BodyPump and Yoga, Zumba and Spin. It's not for me. I get on the LifeFitness cross-trainer for 30 minutes and do a quick hamstring stretch afterwards. The Smith machine is vacant but I'm short on time. I only do Smith Split-Leg Squats, but I've upped the weight so I feel pretty good. Assuming the bar alone is 30 lbs, I'm moving more weight with a Split Leg exercise than with a regular two-legged Smith Squat. But even without Smith Squats and Smith SLDLs, my lower back is tired enough to give me pause during the GHRs at the Lat Pull Down machine. Then more cardio. I tap in Performance Program #1 on the Precor elliptical for 30 minutes.

There is a man who does several hours of cardio every time he is at the gym. First an hour on the cross-trainer. The floor is slippery with the sweat pouring off him. Then the recumbent bike. Later the treadmill. Sometimes, but rarely, he does a few pathetic sets at the Lat Pull Down machine or another station. He's middle-aged and overweight, and never seems to get any thinner.

I have just enough time to do a decent leg and back stretch, dropping into my splits and knocking out a few Pistol Squats as well. I'm actually really surprised at how easy the Pistol Squats have felt lately. I see R out of the corner of my eye, but I don't have time to chat. After a quick shower, I rush to the Child Care room 10 minutes late. He's the only kid there. And he's not at all thrilled that he has to accompany me grocery shopping. Oh well...

Abbreviated Leg and Cardio Workout
(6.26 miles cardio; 5,570 lbs moved)

Steady State
Calorie :   147 CAL
Distance: 3.71 mile
Speed :    7.4 mph
Duration : 00:30:06
126
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 70x12
Set 3 : 90x12
Set 4 : 90x12
Set 5 : 90x12 Yaaay!

Set 1 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 12 Lap/Rep
Steady State
Calorie :   288 CAL
Distance: 2.55 mile
Performance Program #1
Duration : 00:30:00
131.83
Set 1 : 113x5
Set 2 : 113x5

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...