Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Cardio is Wiping Me Out

I'm starting to make a habit of getting to the gym in the late morning because there are just too many things to do before I get in my car. Today it was prep a picnic pork to put in the oven so it would be done in time for supper tonight. It'll be in the oven at 275°F for about 10 hrs. I bought the pork shoulder last Friday and had planned to use the oven this past weekend since it's been unseasonably chilly, but we never got around to it. My hubs leaves for Boston tomorrow so I figure it's today or never. Kahlua Pork is our favorite, imitating the slow cooking of the Hawaiian imu (coal pit in the ground). It makes the best "pulled pork" and only requires two ingredients besides the pork butt: liquid smoke and sea salt. We add cloves of garlic for flavor depth. Needless to say, the addition of garlic increases the prep time. I sliver the cloves and stick them into slits I've stabbed into the meat, rub it all over with liquid smoke and salt, place it in a tin foil pan and clamp another one atop with those binder clips you get in office supply stores. Now walk away and check back in 10 hours.

Today is Cardio Tuesday so I do 30 minutes on the cross-trainer, some abs, 30 minutes on the elliptical (Intervals program), and then some mild lower back stretches. I'm still finishing my hot showers with a good 10-20 seconds of icy cold water. At least I'm not sweating when I put on my clothes. Tomorrow will be Back and Biceps. I just viewed a video on how to perform Shotgun Rows at the Cable Station. I think I've seen Venus and a few others doing this movement. I might give it a try if I'm not too tired. Seems like a killer Bicep exercise just from the hand rotation.

I haven't used the MyFitnessPal app since I got that stomach bug: I really think it was causing me to overeat. Plus the app was totally draining my phone battery. I don't like having to recharge the phone 2-3 times a day, even if it is an older plain ol' iPhone 5.

Cardio and Abs Tuesday
(6.2 miles; 2500 lbs moved and I have no idea how the JeFit app calculated that)


Steady State
Calorie :   146 CAL
Distance: 3.6 mile
Speed :    7.15 mph
Duration : 00:30:05

Set 1 : 50x25
Set 2 : 50x25
Set 1 : 50 Crunches
Set 2 : 50 Bicycles
Set 3 : 50 Pulse-Ups
Intervals
Calorie :   295 CAL
Distance: 2.6 mile
Duration : 00:30:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...