Monday, May 14, 2012

Redirect or Repurpose?

 I found out today that the trainers at my gym (Gold's Gym) can use a device to determine body fat. I can do it tomorrow morning before I work out. As long as I don't eat anything for at least two hours before testing. I never eat anything before I work out anyway. Usually just a cup of coffee with half & half and a spoonful of sugar.

This weekend my husband told me he thought my goal weight was too low. What?! I'm AT my goal weight. I've been at it for the past 3 weeks, and I feel very comfortable at this weight. I haven't cut my hair since New Year's and usually I'm uncomfortable when my hair gets too long. It makes my round face look even rounder. But not now. I think I look pretty good. I'm even willing to entertain the thought of letting my hair get a tiny bit longer before hacking it all off again.

My dilemma is how do I maintain myself, and perhaps put on a bit more muscle. Or should I just concern myself with strength? And the big question persists for me, will having additional muscle mass be good for me in the long run? I've already increased my flexibility, stamina and strength, but I think I can improve on all of it. How critical is muscle mass to this equation?

1 comment:

  1. If you are soliciting opinions, mine is to focus on strength rather than bulk, particularly if you are going to continue your current ratio of aerobic to anaerobic excercise. Strength is functional, while bulk is more of a psychological/cultural thing. So go for the strength, and your muscles will do what they will.

    ReplyDelete

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...