Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I Must Still Be a Newbie

I did 3.33 miles on the elliptical and did a "Pull" day. I'm still feeling pretty good but tired from yesterday's "Push" day because I've decided to throw caution to the wind and do both Decline and Smith machine benching. Today B told me that she thought my arms looked good. They're never going to be any bigger though -- genetic predisposition leads me to believe that they'll always be 13" biceps.

Not too scrawny, even at 105 lbs.
However, I'm suppose to go to cardio kickboxing today after my son goes to tae kwon do. I'm tired. I'm concerned about getting my HW submitted tonight to a class I started last week. I haven't even thought about it! I'm obviously NOT managing my time well.

And I still feel like a Newbie at the gym because I can't make myself drop down to a "one body part a day" routine. B does "one a day". The bodybuilders and fitness competitors I read about online do "one a day". But because I'm making good progress, I think I'll stick to this modified routine for now. I haven't managed to make an appointment to determine body fat yet. I have this suspicion (because Asians carry a lot of body fat under the skin, giving us that smooth non-muscular look) that I'm actually fatter than I appear. Or am I just playing mind-games with myself? Of course, that's what motivation is -- mind games.

I liked the article in the NYTimes Science section today about why Americans are obese. Because there's too much food! I had to laugh! But other extremely interesting observations are made...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...