Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hallelujah antibiotics!

I just got back from my morning workout and feel pretty good albeit not 100%. I've been taking a course of antibiotics since Sunday for the stubborn sinusitis. I can tell I'm winning though!

Once again I only did 30 minutes on the elliptical and eeked out a paltry 3.16 miles. Today's a back and bicep day so I did sets of rowing, pull downs, close-grip pull downs, lower back press, and of course, practiced my side kick combinations and did a good set of abs (lost count after 100 reps). Either the gym is warmer today or I'm working more efficiently because I busted a decent sweat and it felt good. After a few sets of bicep curls (inclined and straight seated), I sheepishly remembered a new exercise I'd added only two weeks ago: reverse grip barbell row. Those jokers commenting on this exercise in the bodybuilding.com forum are right though, you can really feel your lats when you do this exercise. No need to state the obvious: do the form slowly and strictly for 4 sets of 15 reps.

Since I don't have any pictures or videos of myself doing this movement, I've added a link to the bodybuilding.com site to show you what this form should look like:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/reverse-grip-bent-over-rows

And here's a photo of why I'm so intent on working back. As I wrote earlier, I don't think you should see your ribs from the back!

I'm a bit dismayed at seeing my ribs from this angle. Egads!

Here's the new Tuesday/Friday workout:


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...