Friday, November 18, 2022

Frosty but No Snow

Western New York is under a snowstorm watch, in anticipation of several feet of the white stuff. It gives us pause as to what colleges my son is looking to apply to since most colleges are closing this weekend to allow everyone to go home for the Thanksgiving holiday. It's just cold here. Below 30F when I get up, and only 39F when I take the dogs to the park. It's so cold I can barely get warm pedaling the elliptical until halfway through.

I've decided that today will be an E-Z day, with just the routine cardio, core and pull-ups, but two sets. I know the second set is never as easy as the first, but at least it's done. I'm not impressed with the knee-tap plank so I might ditch it. Today I only feel it in my quads, not my lower abs. Dead Bugs work that much better, and I always do those after crunches.

The gym will be open on Thanksgiving, but I'm not going. Heck, I might not make it on Black Friday either, but only because I have the dreaded annual mammogram and echo scheduled for that day. I am amused that research is now showing exercise to be beneficial to cancer prevention. We all know that exercise is good for you but it's always been assumed that just meant cardiovascular system (heart and lungs), and muscle & bones to keep you from falling over and breaking something when you get old. But cancer? Whoa... and all because the exercising body greedily prevents oxygen from becoming available to those rogue miscreants. 

I've been watching a lot of odd detective shows, like The Sinner with Bill Pullman. And The Stranger, with its oddly catchy soundtrack, Monster. What I love about streaming these shows that the close captioning option gives me the name of the song and the band who performs it. And this is how I've come to enjoy Walking On Cars, an Irish band that sadly disbanded a few years ago. But not before releasing a few albums. I'm going to listen to a few more songs before seeing if anything's on CD. They've become immensely popular since that show aired...  



18 November 2022
Frigid Friday


Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30 + 5 (5732)
Distance: 2.88
Cal: 322
Avg Hr: 164, 194-88

HGPU 22

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Knee-tap plank 15, 10 alt knees
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

HGPU 21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...