Thursday, November 3, 2022

Clarity When It Counts

I was in such a fog when I packed my gym gear that I didn't really notice that my sneakers didn't match. Two different brands, two different colors and sizes. That's the first time that's ever happened! At least the socks paired, and the footwear was close enough in color/texture that no one else noticed, as far as I could tell. People tend not to look at feet unless there's something fluorescent on them.

I got on the elliptical and pedaled for 25 minutes, busting a mild sweat and knocking out a set of pull-ups. I got through most of my Core workout in the Aerobics Room when I remembered the plank variations. I popped open the webpage on my phone and gave three versions a test run.

The Anti-Rotation Plank was okay but I needed to clear my water bottle and gear bag from the mat before accidentally sending things flying. The Knee-Tap Plank was weird, maybe because I have a disproportionally long body and short limbs. It's not a very big movement and I'm not sure I could feel anything in the lower abdominal that Dead Bugs didn't already address. The Reverse Plank was a total fail. Not only did I not feel it in my back (erector spinae), the stress hit the back of my knees. Afterward, my lower back stiffened and felt out of sorts. Not doing that one again.

The DB area was vacant--my invitation to do my DB shoulder routine. I'm not sure I'll get a chance to exercise tomorrow as I'm following my husband to the Subaru dealership tomorrow morning. He went to replace the headlamp at the local oil change place and that was an exercise in patience. The first place couldn't figure out how to access the headlamp bulb, the second place didn't have any in stock and suggested my husband go across the street to the auto parts store to buy one. Installing a new bulb made no difference. Since my husband got pulled over for a non-working headlamp, he doesn't want to constantly incur police scrutiny. 

We did go to court on Tuesday with a lawyer recommended by an addiction medical rehab place, and the lawyer managed to get the charges reduced. It still means my husband has a restricted license now with additional fines and costs for attending mandatory drink/drive programs. But at least he's taking his alcohol addiction seriously now, because dealing with his excesses has been exhausting. I think I actually got 7 hours sleep last night!

1 November 2022
Mix-Matched Thursday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 20 min + 5 min cd (4052)
Distance: 2.04
Cal: 228
Avg Hr: 132, 192-78

HGPU 22

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Sampled: Anti-rotation plank, Knee-tap plank, Reverse plank
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

DB Incl Press s/s Lat Raise s/s Rev Inc Fly
10 lbs x 25/15/25 reps warmup
15 lbs x 20/15/25
20/15/20 lbs x 20/15/25 reps x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...