Monday, November 21, 2022

Could Be Worse

My weather app read 15F when the alarm went off this morning. It was at least 20 by the time I got to the gym. But I was so cold that I kept my hoodie on through the entire cardio session and only took it off briefly to do a set of pull-ups. I actually put it back on once I cooled down in the Aerobics Room. And I kept it on while doing 10 minutes of steps and another set of pull-ups.

College kids are back for the holiday break but the gym isn't very crowded today. It's been frosty for days now, and not good weather to be standing around fumbling with car fobs. My 12-year old Subaru only has one key entry on the driver's side so when I tried to unlock the passenger side door to put groceries inside, I couldn't. And when I used my key, the car alarm went off and nothing on my fob would quiet it down. I had to actually start the ignition to turn the alarm off! Thank goodness I didn't have to go to the dealership for a replacement part. It's just the battery...

I'm very happy that you can find just about anything on the internet, including YouTube videos showing you how to change your fob battery, and the fact that the CR 2025 can be replaced with a CR 2032, which apparently has a larger capacity. Luckily, I already had an opened package of CR 2032 in my cabinet (they come in packs of 4)! I'll have to remember to buy a replacement package because we always keep spare batteries handy. Be prepared!

Temps are supposed to warm up to mid-40s during the day. My dogs don't care. They've been deliriously happy running through the park in the cold. They're winter pups and the arctic winds give the park a very wintry feel. But at least it's not snowing, like it was in Buffalo where the snowfall dwarfs even regular height folks.

21 November 2022
Arctic Monday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 + 5 (5562)
Distance: 2.83
Cal: 313
Avg Hr: 153, 205-83

HGPU 22

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Steps 520
Floors 32
Cal 76
Hr 131 / 138

HGPU 20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...