Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Humpty Dumpty Day

I went to the gym and did a regular combination workout. It felt pretty good, except that it's been seasonably cold both inside and outside. Cardio got me warmed up and sweaty. Pull-ups weren't as hard as I remembered them to be. The Aerobics Room was cold and quiet, and I wondered what had happened to the Wednesday class since no one was setting up. I'm not sure that the Anti-Rotation Plank is working for me, but I do feel my lower abs just a skosh when I do the Knee-Tap Plank. Push-ups feel okay but my knees are uncomfortable during Air Squats and I kept adjusting my feet to minimize the discomfort.

I missed yesterday's workout, so I do the Triceps routine today as well. I tend to check my email between sets and I get correspondence from my son's guidance counselor, asking me to consider adding art schools to the list of schools being applied to. I don't agree at all with this decision. We're looking at schools that have both strong engineering programs as well as an active and vibrant art department with access to illustration, design, and digital media. Because truly, my son doesn't know what he wants, just what he doesn't want.

I'm able to do my four sets of skull crushers and rip skulls without any elbow or wrist issues. And the showers seem to have been unclogged so I'm no longer watching my shower shoes float away when I soap my toes. It's 47F and breezy at the Bark Park, not horribly cold but enough for me to wear a down coat and fleece hat to keep my wet hair from giving me chills. 

I was planning to take tomorrow off since I'd scheduled a plumber to come, but today I find the source of my perpetually wet floors... the tap to my slop sink turned ever so slightly on, the faucet turned almost parallel with the back of the basin, water almost imperceptibly running down the back of the sink. No need for a plumber! I'm relieved, and slightly aghast that the sink has been running for three days. Ugh. Now I can plan a regular shoulder workout without worry. Yaaay me! 

9 November 2022
Worrisome Wednesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5642)
Distance: 2.85
Cal: 316
Avg Hr: 147, 194-77

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Anti-rotation plank 12 total
Knee-tap plank 15 (knees together)
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

Skull Crushers / Rip Skulls
30 lbs x 12 reps each x 2
35 lbs x 12/12 reps x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...