Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Stress Relief Tuesday

Although we got back from our trip on Sunday, I couldn't pick up my pups from the Dog Spa until Monday morning. And then they needed to run around in the park before coming home to be fed. If I get to the gym too late, it's full of HS kids even though school is in session. So I skipped the gym yesterday, and skipped it on Friday as well. And didn't do nearly as much walking on our tour of the far upstate college as we had done for other schools. It was a long drive in bad, rainy, windy weather and the only good thing was one particular restaurant in the hotel we stayed at after our college visit.

It would've been a much better trip if my husband hadn't gotten so drunk that not only did he need hotel staff help making it back to the room and then he sat passed out inside the doorway, but my son had to go down to the lobby desk to retrieve his credit card. Also not sure why he has a big scabby bruise on his forehead either. Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well all weekend. My husband managed to stay "sober" for roughly 10 days since his DWI arrest, but then he made up for it and that went on for a few days. I'm thinking he has to be sober today for the zoom program he's required to log into. I don't get much sleep on nights where he's stumbling through the house, and I don't know that once that program is over he won't pour himself a drink. Because I can't control him. I can only control me.

It's 29F when I get my son up for school and afterward I head to the gym. Unfortunately, three out of four ellipticals are in use and I'm not in the mood for the cross-trainer which gives me shin splints. The stair machines are both empty though so I spend 20 minutes doing that, but it barely warms me up even though I'm doing my usual Speed 6. I feel better when I knock out my pull-ups and then head to an empty Aerobics Room to do core. I add another set of Knee-tap planks, but this time doing alternate knees. Again, it's hardest on the toes!

There's too many Chatty Cathies by the DBs so I use a bench on the other side of the BB rack. It's a tad inconvenient but at least I don't have to deal with all the cackling and flitting. I have time for more cardio and all the ellipticals are empty now. But I don't have a lot of time. Twenty minutes is fine including the "cool down" so I change directions every three minutes and forty-five seconds. Finally my left knee is warmed up and doesn't hurt like it did on the steps and doing air squats...

15 November 2022
Frosty Tuesday After 4 Days Off!


StepMill (L)
Manual 20 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Steps 1087
Floors 67
Cal 150
Hr 131

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Knee-tap plank 15, 10 alt knees
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

Skull Crushers / Rip Skulls
30 lbs x 12 reps each x 2
35 lbs x 12/12 reps x 3 sets

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 15 + 5 cd (3174)
Distance: 1.62
Cal: 179
Avg Hr: 142, 186-82

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...