Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Still Chilly

It's a tad warmer today with highs in the mid 40s. Temps will actually hit 50F on Turkey Day! But I'm still cold inside the gym and don't take my hoodie off until I do triceps, which is after warming up on the elliptical and doing core in the Aerobics Room. People must be taking the week off as the gym seems emptier than usual although I spot regulars here and there. I muse about "Asian squats" because I've read yet another article about them, not that I'm learning anything new other than I should see if I can do this with my feet closer together. (Yes, I can.) And I also have the perfect body type for this: short limbs, long body, high flexibility. While I can keep this position for several minutes, eventually my shins hurt and my toes go numb...


I got less sleep than I wanted (or needed) mostly because my son isn't feeling well but tends to stay up late into the night even though there is school the next day. I give him two pink chewables of generic Pepto because that's supposed to be good for digestive woes. He doesn't want to stay home sick since he has exams today and tomorrow. We're trying to finish the paperwork for his Eagle project so we can finally check that off the list! Even when he leaves for college, I'm still going to worry about him...

As tired as I am, I'm in a better mood today and find myself singing along with my tunes during my workout. I'm also blithely ignoring the chatbot regulars because I honestly have nothing to say to them. Unlike a lot of people, I don't go to the gym to socialize so I'm fine with not saying anything to anyone. And I don't understand people (or maybe it's just women?) who feel the need to make a noise or grunt for every movement they make, whether it's putting on their shoes or stashing their bag in a locker. Maybe they're not really certain they exist unless they emit sounds? Sorta like a reverse sonar?

After triceps, I do 10 minutes on the Step Mill, with my hoodie draped over the back console. As vigorously as I'm moving, I don't get sweaty. Oh well... I plan to at least do cardio and core tomorrow before bringing pups to the park, and then picking up pies I ordered from the local farm store to bring to my brother's house for Turkey Day. He's a big fan of the blueberry ones. Maybe I should play the lottery today. Pumped some gas and got a round number; doesn't happen all that often without even trying.

22 November 2022
Tuesday Still Chilly

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 + 5 (5648)
Distance: 2.85
Cal: 317
Avg Hr: 149, 212-74 (what the hell!? seriously)

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

Skull Crushers / Rip Skulls
30 lbs x 12 reps each x 2
35 lbs x 12/12 reps x 3 sets

StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Steps 542
Floors 33
Cal 79
Hr 129

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...