Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Creeping Back to Normal

Didn't make it to the gym yesterday although once the walkway, driveway and car were cleared of heavy wet snow and ice, I did take the dogs to the park for a romp. It was only then that I remembered that I had a box of YaxTrax at home and hadn't gotten around to affixing them to the bottom of my boots. (Today I attach them to my Bogs and they work very well trudging up the frozen hill at the Bark Park!) Shoveling frozen wet snow is both cardio and weight lifting in one fell swoop. (My kid did help me a lot though with shoveling and  clearing the roof of my car.) Very efficient exercise and it certainly gets you warm!

Today there's black ice on the road and I creep the car down to the corner in the predawn hour so my kid can catch the school bus. The gym parking lot is well salted and that's reassuring. It's Tuesday so I don't see Lazy Pedals. Instead, there's another large middle-age man on elliptical number one. I get on number two and punch in 25 minutes, program 2. I'm moving a bit faster today than I was last week although I still seem to have either a head cold or sinusitis. Still, I can do pull-ups, push-ups, air squats and core exercises without any issues, although this sciatica is getting really old...

I'm rushing a bit because I have too many creams to administer after showering: Triamcinolone Acetonide for the cold rash; heel balm (with urea) for the cracks in my feet; unscented SPF-15 face cream for the face; glycerin mixed with lactic acid lotion for the body. I forget the last cream and later wonder why my skin feels so dry and hard. Ugh. And I read that there's another storm brewing, with potentially another Nor'easter. Because Winter! I was happy to see the huge moon to the west before dawn today: the Wolf Moon, first full moon of 2022.

18 January 2021
Post Izzy Tuesday

Precor elliptical
Program 2
Time: 25 min + 5 min cd (4640)
Distance: 2.38
Cal: 262
HR: n/a

HGPU 15

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

HGPU 15.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...