Thursday, January 27, 2022

Thermometer Reads Zero

I'm glad the car starts at zero degrees Fahrenheit although it never quite feels warm until I've already arrived at my destination. The high school went remote yesterday to allow students enrolled in college courses to take in-person mid-term exams at the school for the necessary hour to two hour period. Normal class periods are only 40 minutes long. It would've really sucked for my son as it was also his birthday, but one of his teachers has been out sick and that exam has been postponed. The other teachers have opted to spread their midterms throughout several days. Which meant no school yesterday for my son. Which also meant there was no need to get in the car while it was still dark. It was just too cold and while I did make it to the dog park, I didn't feel very compelled to hit the gym.

Today there's school, and today I make it to the gym. Lazy Pedals and the other overweight middle-aged man are both pedaling on ellipticals right next to each other. I'm shocked and pleased because that leaves the fourth elliptical vacant. The third one still has a Closed For Your Safety sign on it to allow for "social distancing" even though most people aren't masked. I'm not sure if they just decided themselves to pull the sign off elliptical number one, or if gym management did it. The gym isn't enforcing masks and doesn't care if you're vaxxed. None of their employees wear masks. I still wear my ineffective two-layer cloth mask though because it does keep people from getting in my face to chat. And people love to chat.

Yesterday's inactivity wasn't great for the sciatica but it's not crippling me, just annoying. I continue to do the moderate cardio routine to see how everything feels by week's end when there is the threat of a major nor'easter. Or it could veer off to the South and we get a few flurries. If we get snow, there might be 8-12" to shovel. I'm hoping it's a false alarm. Next week, I have the glaucoma doc appointment I've put off twice, and a dermatology appointment to check on that "cold rash," which seems vaguely better on the left side where it started but progressively worse on the right side where it is spreading. Ugh. I got bored with push-ups and did more than I was supposed to. Not great for eye pressures. Tomorrow I'll go back to 25. But at least I got two sets of pull-ups in before Snow Bird arrived. Yaaay for the little things.

27 January 2021
Arctic Thursday

Precor elliptical
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5608)
Distance: 2.84
Cal: 315
HR: n/a

HGPU 17

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 30
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

HGPU 17

Matrix StepMill
Manual 10:10 min
Speed 6 (52-57)
Step 548
Floors 34
Calories 80
HR: 134

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...