Friday, January 28, 2022

Awaiting Nor'easter Kenan

We're all bracing for what is purported to be a monster storm, the first nor'easter of 2022, improbably but not surprisingly named, Kenan. It's not supposed to hit until later this evening and not end until tomorrow evening. I'll probably be doing a lot of shoveling but today, I go to the gym and do my usual routine.

No pull-ups today but I repeat everything else I did yesterday. The elliptical feels like I'm slogging through mud. Program 1 is always hard, but more rewarding than Intervals, at least in my current cardio condition. Doing 10 minutes on the Step Climber is equally as taxing but I manage to not fall on my face. Unfortunately, today the machine decides that speed setting 6 only gets me 52 steps per minute instead of closer to 60. I hate it when machines are capricious.

I'm wondering if drinking psyllium fiber (aka Metamucil) works as well as eating oatmeal for reducing cholesterol. I remember my dad pulling me aside one day and confiding that Metamucil was his great secret to life although I'm not sure if that was because he didn't like to eat vegetables, had problems with regularity, or if it helped lower blood sugar, cholesterol and/or blood pressure. I go for my annual exam next month where I'll have to report that I've packed on a few pounds. Ugh. And the doc will want to run basic blood work.

Monday I should be able to squeeze in another workout before going at long last to my glaucoma doc follow-up appt to discuss the results of the last Visual Field test, which, as I recall, I didn't see quite as many bright flashes as I'd expected. My eyes were very dry and felt sticky so those results might be somewhat abysmal...

27 January 2021
Pre-Nor’easter Kenan Friday


Precor elliptical
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5458)
Distance: 2.80
Cal: 308
HR: 84, 140-177


Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga


Matrix StepMill
Manual 10:10 min
Speed 6 (52)
Step 531
Floors 33
Calories 77
HR: 121

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...