Thursday, January 6, 2022

Two Outta Five

I finally made it back to the gym after two weird days: Tuesday our school district canceled classes due to 150 bus drivers and staff out due to either illness or quarantine; Wednesday we got the call that classes were canceled after a two-hour delay but that announcement came well after the school bus was supposed to pick my son up. If my friend, a school bus driver, hadn't texted me that morning that he had just been told that there was a delay, we would've been sitting on the icy road waiting for a bus that wasn't coming.

The bus was on time today and I made it to the gym. But it was a different driver who didn't know the route and my son said he thought a few kids got missed on the way to school! Tonight there's supposed to be snow and more snow. The first bomb cyclone of the year might dump several inches of the white stuff before noon tomorrow, which probably means school is canceled again. And I'm going to be shoveling. Which means no gym  (but dogs will still want Bark Park so maybe shoveling there too). Unless the weather patterns change and it totally misses us. Stranger things have happened. 

Meanwhile, my son came home with a sore throat and I took him to the doc to get him tested for strep, flu and Covid. Negative for strep (bummer), negative for flu, but positive for Covid. Ugh. He has no other symptoms other than a sore throat. Now I think I have it because my throat's been scratchy and I drive my son to the school bus stop, to and from his kung fu class, etc. Ugh. Because my son's tested positive at the pediatrician's office, he has to quarantine for a minimum of 5 days after his symptoms subside. Not sure how long it'll take for the sore throat to go away. He's more concerned about missing school because he's got honors and AP classes. I'm concerned about going to the gym... 

I guess I'll see how we all feel on Monday. I'm glad I wear a mask and don't feel comfortable chatting up close and personal, because there's a lot of elderly folks at the gym and what if I have Covid and didn't realize it and gave it to them?! Fully immunized and boosted folks with underlying health issues can still succumb to this virus. No one knows whose health might be compromised. It's just not neighborly to put people at risk like that.

Today was a decent gym day. Cardio was okay but the pull-ups improved, even if I did feel rather bloated and puffy. I got really cold in the Aerobics Room so I kept my hoodie on even when I did my shoulder work. Wearing a hoodie meant I had to plant my bare forehead on the vinyl, but since I wear a mask, I was less concerned about the rest of my face kissing the bench. The workout raised my temps a bit but not enough for me to take the hoodie off. 

I'm getting used to my new iPhone 13 Max and all it's cool filters and settings... it takes awesome photos at night whereas my old phone shot grainy images. Facial recognition won't work with a mask on so I'm either pulling it aside or punching in the code. But I'm super happy with the battery life! Even at the frigid park I don't have to pull out a spare battery to use my cell. Awesome!

6 January 2021
Arctic Thursday & Sciatica

Precor elliptical
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5514)
Distance: 2.81
Cal: 311
HR: n/a

HGPU 16

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

HGPU 15

DB Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incl Flys
(Rt shoulder wonky)
10 lbs x 15/20 reps x 1
15 lbs x 15/20 reps, 15/25
15/20 lbs x 15/25 reps x 3



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...