Wednesday, January 12, 2022

All the Symptoms

Woke up this morning and immediately wanted to go back to bed. I didn't feel great when I went to bed either, with a phlegmy head and runny nose. But I always have a runny nose only it seems runnier in the winter. I got my son to the school bus stop and actually did return home and slept until 10 am. It's not quite as cold today and I take the pups to the park where just two other intrepid dogs and their owners join us. 

Today's local online news contains a new list of Omicron symptoms and I seem to have all of them. Yep. My kid has given me breakthrough Covid. He's recovered and back at school. I'm not going to bounce back as quickly though, else it would've happened already. If I'm counting from last Thursday when I took him for testing, I should be okay by today, but I'm not. I feel like I have a bad head cold that has caused me to lose my voice, made me extremely tired, with a sporadic headache and a lot of yellow phlegm. Kind of like the flu, but without the fever and body aches.

I've rescheduled my doctor's appointments for next week because I hope to be well by then. I haven't taken any confirming tests though. I don't think I need to. If I feel better tomorrow I'll go to the gym, otherwise I'll skip it for another day. I think I'd be a lot worse if I hadn't had my shots because I tend to get sick with even mild flu. My immune system isn't as robust as some folks; I'm blaming that sticky AB blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...