Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Cautiously Optimistic

I got up this morning and put my gym clothes on even though there was snow on the car. I got to the gym but took forever to get out to the floor. Lazy Pedals was on the first elliptical, chatting with one of the other big middle-aged men. He tries to tell me that the second elliptical isn't working because the plug adjacent to the machine, plugged into an outlet on the floor (but not recessed so prone to being kicked and stomped on), is now missing a prong. 

The plug actually has nothing to do with the elliptical and it's hard to tell what cord is tethered to which machine or TV console. I get on the machine and blithely pedal to Program 2, getting nicely warmed up and sweaty.

I know better than to do pull-ups two days in a row (and risk tendonitis in my elbows) so those get skipped today. The core exercises are routine so I do add the Step Mill again. It's harder today! But my sciatica isn't bothering me at all and I don't want to jinx it by trying something new, or rather, something old, like Seated Cable Rows...

The test will be this evening when I'm going to try not to spend over an hour in the car while waiting for my son at his kung fu class. It's a small class so maybe I can just hang out in the waiting area: standing or kneeling will be fine. Anything except sitting in a car seat.

25 January 2021
Flurry Tuesday (but my sciatica is good this morning)

Precor elliptical
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5662)
Distance: 2.86
Cal: 316
HR: n/a

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

Matrix StepMill
Manual 10:10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Step 556
Floors 34
Calories 81
HR: 130

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...