Monday, January 24, 2022

Brisk Monday

I was surprised to see snow on my car last night and grumbled about needing extra time to clear the driveway and clean the car off before heading to the school bus stop. I didn't even bother to put my workout clothes on; instead, I packed them into my gym bag and figured I'd change once I got there. I really didn't want to be covered in wet snow before I had a chance to warm up on the cardio machine!

There was a different middle-age man on the elliptical this morning but at least the second machine was available. Later, Lazy Pedals drapes himself over the first elliptical while crowing loudly to another fellow on one of the exercise bikes. No matter how high I turn up my earbuds, I can't drown them out. And he's two stations down from me so you know they're being extra loud even though there's no background music to compete with.

I feel slow and ponderous so I'm not surprised to only get 17 pull-ups today instead of the 19 I got last week. But if I'm quick, I'll be able to get a second round in before I leave. My routine is routine in the Aerobics Room and I get back to the Stretch Cage just in time to beat Snow Bird to it. I'm only there for a minute or two anyway. I still have time before I need to leave so I look around and see that the Step Mills are vacant. It's been a while since I did that! Luckily, ten minutes is more than enough time to get hot and sweaty all over again. 

At the Bark Park every day
I've considered going longer on the elliptical but there's a limit to how much pedaling I can do without my sciatica crippling me. Lately, I've felt pretty decent, meaning that I ignore it most of the time because it doesn't really truly bother me EXCEPT when I'm sitting in a car for more than 45 minutes, or sleeping (laying on my bacj). If I remember to take ibuprofen and gabapentin before bed, I can get a good six hours without the glute and leg waking me up. Of course, that isn't really enough sleep and I'm always tempted to go back to bed after the drive to the school bus stop. Unless I've got all my gym gear already in the car.

24 January 2021
Surprise Flurry Monday

Precor elliptical
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5612)
Distance: 2.84
Cal: 315
HR: n/a

HGPU 17

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

HGPU 17

Matrix StepMill
Manual 10 min
Speed 6
Step 547
Floors 34
Calories 80
HR 125

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...