Monday, April 12, 2021

The Inevitable April Rain

Rain has been in the forecast for several days but it hasn't actually rained until today. The dogs got to the park every day so far which is great because they tend to get depressed and a little crazy when they're cooped up in our tiny house for too long. Walks just aren't good enough when they have zoomies and need to gallop like stampeding mustangs. Especially when there's someone else to chase and wrestle with. Sometimes we're the only ones at the park but the dogs at least get run time. Most of their canine pals are a tad overweight. My pups are so picky about food that I can see ribs and sharp hips when the lighting is harsh. 

I get to the gym late but I still have time to do cardio, core, and some easy back exercises: a set of hammer-grip pull-ups and several sets of "light" seated cable rows. Of course, light is a relative term. After six sets, it's time to go, but I'm not necessarily "done." It's just that I don't have any time to do much else if I want to get home at a reasonable hour. Today I manage a decent set of hammer grip pull-ups as a warmup. Better than last time but not as many as I've done before. The six sets of seated cable rows aren't bad. (The Smith RG BB Rows were making my forearms sore so until I remember to bring my VGs, those are off the menu.) Tomorrow I'll know how I should change it up by how and where I'm sore. Or maybe I'll keep at six sets at this weight for a while, or until I get bored. And then I'll just add a 7.5 lb brick to the stack. I've pulled more, but I've also got lower back issues and quality of life is everything. 

12 April 2021
Dreary Monday

Precor elliptical
30 min + 5 cool down
Program 2
HR 114, 189-148
Cal 316
Distance 2.84

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Happy Baby stretch
10 Dead Bugs x 4
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Push-Ups 50
Mat stretch w Pigeon Pose

Sneaky HGPU 15

EZ Seated Cable Rows
70lbs x 12 reps x 6 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...