Thursday, April 15, 2021

April Showers Week

This week it has rained or threatened to rain most days. Except yesterday. Of course, yesterday the dogs went to the park for 20 minutes when it wasn't technically open. We left to await the plumbers, who were, of course late. But that's how it is with people in the trades. (It's odd that the park itself opens at sunrise but the dog park isn't "open" until 8 am, not that there's anyone there to tell you otherwise. The recreation center/office doesn't open until 8:30.)

I didn't get to the gym yesterday. The plumbers had to remove entire lengths of cast iron waste line because they had corroded and clogged to the point of not being snakeable. Apparently, the solution is to replace it all with PVC plastic. Since the plumbers were already at the house, they also replaced the corroded kitchen faucet which leaked every time I used it. Moen no longer makes this model and big plumbing supply houses no longer stock Moen products. I bought a replacement faucet at Home Depot, and the plumbers confirmed that the quality of HD and Lowe's fixtures aren't the same as from the big supply houses. They personally recommend Delta but too late now. 

It took a while to remove the old fixture because our hard water calcified and pretty much cemented everything in place while simultaneously corroding everything with high acidity. After the jobs were done, I still had to go to Home Depot to buy a "sink hole plug": the new fixture only uses 2 holes in my 4 hole sink and I still have the RO (reverse osmosis) filter. So there's an extra hole where the sprayer used to go. The new fixture has the sprayer as part of the faucet itself. I purposely bought a fixture that provided a dispenser for the dishwashing liquid because I use much too much soap if I'm squeezing the bottle by hand. And then it was mid-afternoon. Time flies when you have to fix the house.

Today, I take the dogs to the park because it's not raining. Yet. But no one is coming to play so we're there for an hour before returning home. I'm at the gym before noon today and have a hard time warming up. I feel tired but that all changes once I can get my heart rate up, my body temp up, the blood moving... My only issue comes with a set of my "heaviest" inclined press: my right ear suddenly clogs. It could be a change in air pressure due to the unsettled weather. Or it could be congestion in the blood vessels in my right neck and shoulder. That's something I've been aware of for over 30 years and I heed it as a warning to stop and do something else. After a few sets of Rip Skulls at a light weight, I'm done. 

15 April 2021
Dreary Thursday

Precor elliptical
30 min + 5 cool down
Program 1
HR 98, 138-191
Cal 314
Distance 2.83

Crunches x 20 x 6
Piriformis Stretch
Happy Baby stretch
10 Dead Bugs x 4
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Push-Ups 50
Mat stretch w Pigeon pose

Smith Inclined Press
Bar (30 lbs) x 20
+20 x 20
+40 x 20
+50 x 15, 15

Rip Skulls solid BB
30 lbs x 12 x 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...