Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Another Rushed Workout

Going to the gym in the afternoon has pros and cons. Less crowded until the HS kids show up, but there are time constraints twice a week, like being home in time to take my son to his kung fu class. If I go in the morning, it's definitely more crowded and then I want to get home in time to take the pups to the park before the big dog arrives for his bit of run fun. 

I've sporadically taken melatonin inadvertently: there's a brand of black elderberry syrup (Zarbees) that contains 3 mg of it per dose. I don't particularly like this brand because it's actually too thick and viscous. (The Sambucol brand is definitely my favorite.) I've found that I tend to sleep more soundly and feel a bit more rested when I take the Zarbees a few hours before bedtime. I also have an unopened bottle of melatonin on the counter. That's probably my next stop after I finish the syrup. I had to stop the ZMA because I already take zinc and magnesium with breakfast, and I'm super sensitive to magnesium's laxative effects. 

No gym on Wednesday. The plumbers have a massive job replacing rotting cast iron waste line pipes, most of which are back-pitched. Not great. At least I had the foresight to take the pups to the park super early today for a quick 20-minute romp so they're calmer...

13 April 2021
Dreary Tuesday

Precor elliptical
30 min + 5 cool down
Program 3
HR 84, 86, 150-188
Cal 318
Distance 2.86

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Happy Baby stretch
10 Dead Bugs x 4
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Push-Ups 50
Mat stretch w Pigeon Pose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...