Wednesday, April 28, 2021

April Does Not Mean Eighty

The only thing I have to say about today's workout besides the fact that I got there much later than usual, is that I was surprised at the end that I could look down at my arms and see the lateral head tricep ridge jutting up like a small rope. I don't actually remember ever being able to see that before but it's been a long time since I've done V-Bar Press Downs. Don't even remember why I stopped doing them! 

It's not that I don't appreciate the Rip Skulls. It's just that my sciatica always feels much worse after I do those. And right now, I'm trying to get to a place where it doesn't bother me so much. 

I skipped yesterday: not enough sleep and a killer headache that might be attributed to... not enough sleep. Or my second vaccination dose. Today, temps peaked at 81F which is ridiculous for NYS in April. I don't even want to think about what August will be like. Dogs will not be happy! They're friskiest when it's a brisk 45F outside. I guess Korea is a cold place? We went to the park and I put on two bug-proof hoodies, but I still got bitten: exposed facial skin is an invitation and eyebrows were fair game! I might have to resort to wearing a bug net over my head because I don't want to apply DEET to my face every morning. 

Hand cream update: the O'Keeffe's Working Hands cream seems to be helping although my fingers still look shredded, they don't hurt as much. And the cream doesn't make me feel sticky or greasy either. 

Meanwhile, my new favorite earwig is still from Ryan Star's album 11:59... "Right Now." And I'd be lying if I didn't admit that the cheering is part of its energetic charm...


28 April 2021
Blistering Tuesday

Precor elliptical
30 min + 5 cool down
Program 2
HR 136-194, 86, 91
Cal 315
Distance 2.84

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Happy Baby stretch
40 Dead Bugs x 2
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Push-Ups 50? Lost count
Mat stretch w Seated Twist

Smith Inclined Press
Bar (30 lbs) x 20
+20 x 20
+40 x 20
+50 x 15, 15, 15

V-Bar Press Down
20 lbs x 15 reps
30 x 15
35 x 12, 12, 12



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...