Friday, April 23, 2021

Fatigue

My arm is still quite sore from yesterday's vaccination shot. I'm also inexplicably tired, but that just might be the cumulative effect of not getting enough sleep during the week. I certainly don't have a fever: the quick read forehead thermometer told me I was 93F although I'm sure I'm closer to 96. 

Tomorrow I get to slog to the Boy Scout Camp the next town over to take the Intro to Outdoor Leadership Skills, aka ITOLS. Me and 15 other newbies will be pitching individual tents at a campsite and learning basic Scout skills. The fact that it's supposed to pour tomorrow night into Sunday morning doesn't particularly thrill me. And even though we'll be outdoors, masking will be required, which is actually silly. I'll be bringing a 10x20 tarp to act as a rain fly for the camp. It's a good thing I'm familiar with all this stuff. I'm just not good with knots... 

I had to drag myself to the gym and when I realized I had forgotten my phone, I had half a thought to turn around and go home. But since I'm really tired, I figure I'd do a super-abbreviated workout, one that I could actually remember all the numbers to. And luckily, my ancient iPod nano has a clock function that includes a stopwatch to use during planks. I did skip a lot of the other movements like pushups and pullups. Because my arm is sore and I'm tired.  

23 April 2021
Forgetful Friday

Forgot my phone
Tired from my shot

20 min
Precor Elliptical
Intervals
1.64 miles
180 calories

60 x 2 crunches
Piriformis stretch
Happy Baby
Dead Bug 40 x 2
Plank 60s
25 Fire Hydrants
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Seated twist stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...