Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Capricious Weather

April weather means it can be a near-tropical 70F one day and threaten snow the next. Like the weather in Hawaii, one minute it's blisteringly sunny and suddenly dark clouds roll in and there's a deluge. Today is like that. The dogs got their play and run time in. I got to the gym and worked out. Tomorrow I won't get the chance since pups need their park time and I have an appointment across the county to get my second Covid vaccine shot. I'm not looking forward to the long drive especially since it will be blustery and wintery cold. There might even be a wind advisory.

I hate working out hungry. In spite of coffee and oatmeal, a breakfast I eat every morning, I have to sip some of the high protein Ensure before my workout. It's annoying. More annoying is that I forgot to charge my AirPods, which I only realize when there's music in the left ear but not the right. A good Scout is always prepared with Plan B and mine is the old wired Bluetooth earbuds I used to wear. I'm happy they've kept their charge and they sound as good if not better than the AirPods. Although they don't have the noise-canceling function, they do allow me to turn up the volume to what I consider an acceptable level. And that's more than enough to cancel the ambient noise surrounding me as I work out. 

Wednesdays are usually crowded so today is unusual in that it's not. Probably because everyone knows about the impending weather. I get all my exercises done and feel good until I have to straddle the inclined bench backward for the shoulder work. That position stresses my sciatica even though there's no direct impact but not enough to cause lasting discomfort. 

21 April 2021
Capricious Wednesday

Precor elliptical
30 min + 5 cool down
Program 3
HR 157-192, 114
Cal 315
Distance 2.84

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Happy Baby stretch
40 Dead Bugs x 2
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Push-Ups 50
Mat stretch w Seated Twist

DB raises supersets
lateral standing 15 lbs x 15 x 4
rev inclined flys (w/u) 15 lbs x 20 x 1
20lbs x 20 x 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...