Friday, April 9, 2021

At Least I Went

In order to actually get myself to the gym, I packed my gear into the car this morning so that I could go as soon as my son got on the school bus. I haven't exercised for the past two days although the dogs go to the park daily. I've been tired where I feel nauseous with a headache but napping is hard. Yesterday, I had an eye doc appointment where my left eye seems worse than my right, with pressures at 15 (vs 12 for the other eye), and last month's Visual Field was inconsistent. So I am scheduled for another VF in two months. Oddly, I score better on these tests in the morning than in the afternoon. My pressures also fluctuate wildly. I mean, 12 is great but 15 not so much. The left eye has the better vision at 20/20, while the right eye fades to 20/25. They've always been a little different. At least my blood pressure has been consistent at 110/70 (at last month's checkup). 

Because I want to take the dogs to the park by 9:30, I only have time to do cardio and core before showering and driving back home. I forgot how crowded it is in the morning! There are 4 other people in the Aerobics Room when I get there. Normally, I exercise after I've taken the pups to the park, but today I have back-to-back appointments this afternoon for me and my son. 

At the last minute, I've discovered that the baseboard heat is still on even though the weather is warm. In fact, I have the thermostat turned down to 50 and the room is 70F with the furnace kicking on for no apparent reason. So, now I have the boiler repair fellow coming between appointments today. Maybe. And then there is the massive plumbing project next week. I'm thinking I'll have to take the dogs to the park at 7 am just to get their zoomies out before the workmen arrive. 

Cardio is good although tough when I first start pedaling. I do Program 1 again because it was interrupted last time. I skip the Happy Baby stretch and only do 2 sets of Dead Bugs. But I do a full set of push-ups, and sneak in some pull-ups, although I'm 5 reps short. Still, better than nothing. 

9 April 2021
Bare Minimum Friday

Precor elliptical
30 min + 5
Program 1
HR 114, 195-153
Cal 322
Distance 2.88

Crunches x 20 x 6
Piriformis Stretch
Skip Happy Baby stretch
10 Dead Bugs x 2
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Push-Ups 50
Mat stretch w Pigeon pose

HGPU 12

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...