Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Mid-Week Cardio

Although I'm not pushing a lot of weight or doing extreme amounts of cardio, my body does need a break mid-week. However, I don't want to lose any cardio benefits I'm managed to achieve. It's bad enough I take the weekends off! So Wednesday, Hump Day, is also what I call Cardio Day although I still do "core exercises" since I'm not doing a lot of crunches or planks. 

My mask is wet with sweat and threatens to sink down below my nose during the first cardio session. It's not any better the second time around. I don't usually wear jewelry either, but last night my husband got me an anniversary gift that I really like: a pair of delicate tanzanite earrings and matching pendant. I try them on and don't want to take them off. (We spent our anniversary doing necessary, not celebratory, things like taking our son to kung fu weapons class and then a Troop meeting at the local park. Schools have been closed to after-school activities so we've resorted to open spaces to hold our meetings.)

I was worried that heavy sweating would make the silver chain irritating, but it's so delicate that I don't actually notice I'm wearing it. That's the type of jewelry I can deal with! I just have to be careful not to break or lose it because in the gym I'm not a "dainty butterfly" either. 

I try to sneak in some hammer grip pull-ups and I only get 7. I'm disappointed. Yesterday's sets of barbell curls superset with Rip Skulls have put some strain on my elbows and forearms. The elbows prefer DB curls over a straight bar. Next time... 

7October2020
Cardio Wednesday Again

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 3
HR 148, 188, 121
Cal 316
Distance 2.85

Crunches x 2 x 60
50 Bicycles
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Pushups 25
Piriformis Stretches
Quick Mat Stretch

Precor elliptical
20 min
Program Intervals
HR n/a
Cal 181
Distance 1.63

HGPU 7 ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...