Monday, October 5, 2020

Better Late Than...

Today is the first day my son is going to school in person since everything got shut down 6 months ago in March. We had to walk the dogs extra early (it was still dark out) to make sure we had enough time to get to the school bus stop five minutes ahead of schedule. It's rarely happened, but sometimes the bus shows up before its designated time, and they don't wait for you. More often than not, the bus is late. It's 3 minutes late today, which isn't bad. After the bus leaves, I drive down to the park to see if there's anyone at the Bark Park. Nope. I plan to load both child and pups into the car on some mornings, and after the school bus pickup, I'll take the pups to go run off some energy. It's a plan anyway. 

The husband is stuck with a series of business calls so I eventually just leave for the gym solo. It's past noon when I arrive, and even though it's Monday when it should be crowded, it's not. I have no trouble using the stations and equipment I want. But I am tired enough to wonder how my mileage will fare today. Close enough. I see a few new faces and a few old ones. I sneak in some hammer grip pull-ups as I head back to the locker room. Eight isn't a lot, but it's better than six. I'd like to work my way back up to twenty. Hell, I'd also like to drop these troublesome ten pandemic pounds! Well, again, at least I'm not gaining... 


5Oct2020
Monday


Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 1
HR 141, 188, 121
Cal 310
Distance 2.81

Crunches x 2 x 60
50 Bicycles
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Pushups 25
Quick Mat Stretch

Smith Inclined Press
Bar (30) x 20
+20 x 15
+40 x 20
+50 x 15, 15, 15

Seated Cable Row (light)
70 lbs x 15 x 3 sets

Matrix Step
Speed 5
Min 15
HR 123
Cal 109
Steps 739
Floors 46

HGPU sneaky 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...