Thursday, October 8, 2020

Damn Sciatica

The husband had a busy schedule today so after I brought the pups back from running amok in the Bark Park, I took the time to get a lot of errands done. Which meant a lot of time driving to various stores. As a result, my sciatica is acting up by the time we have time to work out. At half past noon, the gym is virtually empty. However, give it two hours and it will fill with HS kids done with school.

I hate being this tired but I still do 35 minutes of cardio. However, I skip the StepMill today when doing Inclined Presses really aggravates that right sciatic nerve. It doesn't help that I can't plant my feet flat on the floor because my legs are too short. Instead, I balance one foot on the bar under the seat and rest the other foot atop that. Stable enough for the little weight I'm actually pressing.

Tomorrow might be better. At least the puppers are having a good time.

8October2020
Late in the Day Thursday!

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 1
HR 80, 183, 132
Cal 307
Distance 2.79

Crunches x 2 x 60
50 Bicycles
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Pushups 25
Quick Mat Stretch

Seated Cable Row (light)
70 lbs x 15 reps x 3 sets

Smith Inclined Press
Bar (30) x 15
+20 x 15
+40 x 20
+50 x 15, 15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...