Thursday, October 15, 2020

Why Hoodies Are Better Than Towels

I'm not sure if technically I can call today's workout a cardio workout, but since it's what I did for 55 minutes, that's what I'm labeling it. Yeah, there's some core stuff in there, like crunches, bicycles, more crunches (to break up the routine), a plank, fire hydrants, bird dogs, more fire hydrants, and finally, push-ups. And, just as I was about to head into the locker room, I snuck over to the Stretch Cage and got a few hammer grip pull-ups done. Yaaaay me!

I soaked through my first mask after 35 minutes and swapped it for another one while I was in the Aerobic Room. But after a few breaths, I decided that it smelled funny and no, it wasn't my exhalation. I stuffed both egregious masks into my left hoodie pocket and pulled another clean mask out of the ziplock in my gear bag. I always keep a few tissues in the right hoodie pocket because if I'm sweating my nose will be runny. 

I thought about keeping everything in my "stuff sack gear bag" along with all my old leather gloves (stink culprits), neoprene grips, spare battery, corded earbuds, etc but it's too easy to cross-contaminate the clean masks with the dirty ones. At least I know that the masks in my hoodie pocket need to be laundered. And hopefully, I'll remember to remove the tissues before I toss the garment into the washer. 

A hoodie is infinitely more useful than a towel, especially since it stays put when I drape it over an inclined bench. Great for blotting sweat, easy to wash, fine as a layer between you and those questionable black foam gym mats lying in a pile in the corner. I don't even know if anyone ever sanitizes them... 

I've finally started to see a tiny bit of progress... I've actually dropped a pound or two! I'm still heavier than I want to be, than all the charts say I should be, than what would make my clothes fit better, but I'm getting there. Yaaaay again! 

15October2020
Cardio Thursday

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 1
HR 115, 85, 91, 191, av 133
Cal 313
Distance 2.82

Crunches x 60
50 Bicycles
Crunches x 60
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Pushups 25
Piriformis Stretches
Quick Mat Stretch

Precor elliptical
20 min
Program Intervals
HR 115, 136, 188
Cal 185
Distance 1.65

HGPU 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...