Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Abbreviated But Satisfying

I skipped my last 15-minute cardio today. My husband, who was stuck at home working, had promised to make me lunch: mussels and garlic and tomatoes. I got to the gym mid-morning after taking the pups to the Bark Park. They were ecstatically happy even though it was overcast and a light drizzle was falling. 

Again, the sciatica is extremely troublesome but not while I'm pedaling. However, exercises that should help only seem to aggravate the discomfort: bird dogs, bicycles, cobra pose. Everything else was fairly routine, except I added a new song to my workout mix. 

Oddly, it's a song I've heard before but didn't remember it from a CD I bought over a decade ago. I had only pulled one song of it for my mix and that was Start A Fire. But I've been watching Lie To Me on Hulu while I do the dishes, and the haunting theme song seemed so familiar. Yep, it's Ryan Star and it's also on that CD, 11:59. The song is Brand New Day and because I couldn't find the CD, I just bought the lone song again. Much cheaper than having to buy the entire album again...


20October2020
Tuesday

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 2
HR 84, 149, 186
Cal 319
Distance 2.86

Crunches x 60
50 Bicycles
Crunches x 60
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Pushups 25
Piriformis Stretch
Quick Mat Stretch

DB raises supersets
lateral standing 15 lbs x 15 x 4
reverse inclined flys 15 lbs x 20 w/u
20lbs x 20 x 3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...