Monday, June 11, 2018

Didn't Even Break A Sweat

I ate a lot of cheese over the weekend, mostly because we went to a farm open house and they sell a lot of different types of cheese. I was a tad disappointed that with the large herd of goats on the property, I didn't see any goat cheese for sale. Everything was cow cheese, some pasteurized and some raw. There was also ice cream with the high fat content, which gave it great mouth-feel, but you really couldn't eat too much without feeling a little queasy. Of course, I've been feeling queasy on and off since my glaucoma surgery.

At first I thought it was because my sinuses and eustachian tubes were messed up from having to lie flat for so many hours during surgery. Post-nasal drip is only aggravated by such conditions! And then my hubs thought my upset stomach was due to hunger. I tend not to eat when my tummy's upset. And I do feel a tad better when I eat, but it doesn't last. I've come to realize that one or more of the many eye drops I need to take is the culprit. There are at least two I dispense four times daily: an antibiotic and an anti-inflammatory. And although these medications are administered to the eye, there's no such thing as a closed system, so eventually I've ingested some of it as it drains down the back of my throat. Oh well... At least I think my eye is healing nicely. And I can see decently out of it, although in certain conditions, the blurriness really annoys me. I can read my computer screen with the artificial lens, but it's a bit disturbing to notice that tilting my head changes how well I can focus. That doesn't happen with my natural lens!

The treadmills at Gold's Gym on the Cardio Platform
I need a shower, and today's the first day of my "non-strenuous workout"... some time pedaling the recumbent bicycle, and then walking on the treadmill. I stretch a little at the Stretch Cage, but no pull ups, or push ups. I'm not suppose to bend over or down because that will increase pressure in my head and eyes. I don't want my seams to pop open! Because I know I'm probably not going to bust a sweat (and I don't), I put on a t-shirt. If I can't get really warm, I might be cold! I have my hoodie as well, but mostly to keep tissues and my iPod in the pockets because my gym clothes don't have pockets. I keep myself from getting too bored by singing to myself with my tunes turned up loud as I walk. I'm almost dancing, but not running. Bad knees don't run. I was able to watch some TV on the recumbent bike, but the treadmill is for people so much taller than I am that I am unable to see the screen because of the glare! And I put my hands at the base of the handles. The heart rate sensors are at the end of the handles which don't adjust down, and I'm not walking with my hands in the air over my head. That's just stupid. If I adjust the treadmill itself to the max 30° tilt, I get shin splints. So, I'm not doing that either. Like I've said before, I don't fit into a lot of the equipment.

Day 5 post surgery
I'm not even going to wash today's gym clothes! I can wear them again on Wednesday. My arm still looks awful from the IV bruising, and my face is still tender around my eye socket. I tape my eyelid close with two strips after I get the shower running and have everything set up. I feel more confident with my shower plans today. But I shouldn't've. Because in the shower, I feel a bit of water under the tape and I shouldn't! WTH?! I'm not sure what failed but after I wash my hair with my eyes shut tight, I clip my hair up and quickly finish soaping and showering. I only find one piece of tape on my face, and I don't know where the other strip went. It's not in the shower, not on my towels. Eventually, I realize that it's stuck to my collarbone. WTH?! Ugh. I may have to resort to different tape next time! Something a bit stickier, but not impossible to remove from my eyebrow and lashes! Ugh.

Tomorrow I'm skipping the gym and taking my son to see Dead Pool 2. He has half days for the rest of the week due to finals and will be home by 11 am. And it's $5 Tuesdays at the local theater. I'm not quite sure why half the school must leave when the other half is taking exams, but again, I'm not sure why school lets out before the end of the month, and the last three days are again half days, or as we all call them "no learning days." Ugh.

If profanity bothers you, you should absolutely not watch the trailer below...



Monday

15 min Recumbent Bike + 3 min cool down
Level 1
Miles 1.82
Calories 71

30 min TrueFitness treadmill
Speed 1.0 - 2.0
Miles 0.92
Calories 86

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...