Friday, June 1, 2018

Trying to Get It All Done Before...

I got to the gym a bit before noon. It's becoming a habit to get as much done before I head out because once I get back, there's so little time before the next item on the list... My son has a Scout tent camping event. He's kind of burnt on camping, but tomorrow is Cub Scout Day and the older Scouts are suppose to volunteer to help Cubs with crafts. Which means I have to pack a dinner and lunch for my son because they'll be too busy to work on their own meals. Which means... grocery shopping. Of course.

Today is Cardio Day, but I'm actually feeling really tired and weak, like I'm not fully recovered from our whitewater rafting last weekend. Crazy, right? What I really need is a straight 8 hours of sleep and that's not going to happen until tonight. Because the hubs is in Boston, and I'll have the house to myself. But of course, I'll get distracted by something and get to bed waaay too late. Again.

I can't even think about Intervals, so I just do 30 minutes on the cross-trainer. And some pull ups. And spiderman push ups. 20 is my limit for those. But I can still do side planks and bird dogs. The crunches and bicycles are also okay. It's hot, and really humid so everyone's really moist. The mats are icky and I put my hoodie back on when I have to lay down. But I strip it right off again when I mount the StepMill. And then I try a new game on the Expresso Bike. It's not quite as much fun as Dragon Island. It's called Animal Adventure, but after pedaling around forever, I finally come across, well, dragons. It's suppose to have different climates, like Arctic and Safari, but it's still a more limited version of Dragon Island. What I discover though, is that you can bike right through structures, and sometimes there's coins or treasure boxes inside. That's cool!

A gal I haven't seen in months comes over to chat. She's finally fully recovered from breaking her foot. She's also decided to collect social security early since she just turned 62. Just as well, since the place she waitressed at just closed its doors. After chatting, I realize I'm no longer sweating, and fear for the worst. My muscles are cold, so am I going to be able to do pistol squats? A pair of lunkheads are barbell curling while standing on the Mats. WTF guys? Go stand in the gym area with all brand new black rubber flooring, not on the mats that people lie down on! Ugh. I hate stupid people. Seriously. I retreat to the vacant class room and proceed to do pistols while standing in place. Usually I walk the length of the room to practice balance, but I'm worried about falling over. I am really surprised and happy that I can do my pistols anyway, even feeling cold. No quad clenching either. I come back to the Mats, and the lunkheads are gone. Whew. Mat stretch and then a shower.

I'll be able to work out Monday and Tuesday and then not again for a good two weeks. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle this... Ugh.

Cardio Friday

30 x-trainer
Calories 242
Miles 3.63

HGPU 26
Spiderman Push Ups 20
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Bicycles 50
Crunches 30/20

15 StepMill
Steps 806
Floors 50
Calories 118
Level 6

15 Expresso Bike
Animal Adventure
Points 146,640
Miles 2.19
Calories 33

Pistol Squats
22 total

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...