Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Lazy Ass Workout

My son and I went to see Dead Pool 2 yesterday. There were only 8 other people in our theater, and I was the only one without a Y chromosome. That didn't keep me from laughing aloud throughout the movie, although the opening credit scene from the original DP is still the best, most awesome I've ever seen. I've embedded it here for those of you who haven't yet watched this 2016 flick...


Afterwards, we went home so my son could change into his kung fu uniform and he went to his sword form class. Today he had his Science final and was home by 10:45 am. I had my annual NYS safety inspection and sat at the repair shop for a good 45 minutes. Luckily, there was a very pleasant older woman also waiting, and we had a nice chat. I'm perfectly friendly on a one-on-one basis; it's crowds that I don't deal with. Maybe because I'm short and constantly in fear of being elbowed in the face.

Or maybe it's because I'm a "highly sensitive person." I took Dr Elaine Aaron's online test and scored within range, but of course, on different days I tend to answer differently. One of her blog posts discusses the Extroverted Introvert, and I am reminded how my mother once described me to my grade school teachers as just that: an extroverted introvert. This might explain the anxiety and acute awareness of I have of myself, and my situations. Yes, I'm the sensitive artsy type. And a gym rat. Hmmm... gym rats are probably not usually highly sensitive people. Unless they're plugged in and can avoid the bright lights, and constant din. Or go at non-peak times. Like I do.

My eye is still tender. I know this because I dabbed it a bit too hard and boy did that hurt. When you need to apply 6 different eye drops throughout the day, you either have goop running down your face and sticky lashes, or you need to gently blot your face and eyelid. My forearm is still bruised and tender as well. I would've thought that after an entire week, it'd all be healed up. But apparently not. That bruise is in the "purple goes to green-yellow" phase. I used a different tape in the shower today. It was stickier, but I'm still nervous about getting shower water in my eye.

Today, I do the same routine as Monday, but step it up a tad. I adjust the incline until it hits 10%. It goes as high as 30% (but that stressed my ankles and gave me shin splints the last time I tried). I also increase the pace to 2.5, although I'm not quite sure exactly what that number means. I click on the TV icon on the machine's dashboard, but again, I'm not tall enough to actually see most of it because of the overhead glare. Good thing I really like my tunes! Because BOREDOM. I'm even wearing the same clothes! At least today, I got a tad warm and almost broke a sweat (but didn't). Still, I tossed my gym clothes in the wash when I got home.

The gym scale reads 109.4 lbs, which is double weird because not only did I stuff myself at dinner (cheese raviolis with jarred marinara sauce, frozen peas and chicken sausages), I also had a sizeable lunch (toast, scrambled eggs and raw garlic). And that doesn't count the ziplock bag of Raisinets® and Reeces Pieces® that my son and I shared at the movies. It's going to catch up with me. And I hope I'm able to return to full workouts before then! Yes, I miss doing pull ups and push ups and planks. I miss being active, and this sort of workout doesn't really count. Ugh.


Boring Wednesday Workout

15 min recumbent bike + 3 cool down
Level 1 Manual program
Calories 81
Miles 2.85

30 min treadmill
Speed 2.0, 2.5
Incline 5%, 10% 518 ft climbed
Miles 1.20
Calories 199

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...