Friday, December 22, 2017

Thwarted by Weather

I didn't go to the gym today even though I had every intention. Instead, the school district announced an unexpected Early Dismissal due to the threat of weather. More precisely, freezing rain and slick roadways. I check my weather app. No precipitation anticipated until 4 pm today, well past the time school is let out. By then, temps should be in the mid-30s. But everyone wants to leave early for the Holidays so my son is home by 10:30 am. Worse, his class trip got postponed. Ugh. Not that it was much of a trip since they were taking a few hours to see the Muppets Christmas Movie. Now, they'll take a regular school day next year to go see a movie. Double ugh.

Online, I'm reading about raw apple skins and tomatoes having beneficial effects on aging muscles. Of course, I get horrible indigestion from eating raw apple skins and tomato skins. (Indigestion that keeps me up at night, gives me back muscle spasms and makes my diaphragm sore. Ugh. I could try taking HCl tablets [click here for a nutritionist's take on supplemental Betaine HCl] but I'm not really happy about increasing my stomach's acidity just so I can eat fruit peel.) It's not really new news either, since the article referenced is from 2015. But if you're interested, click here for the link. Meanwhile, I'm pondering making popovers, or Yorkshire puddings...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...