Monday, December 11, 2017

Grab You By the Ear

I had a service guy showing up at the house somewhere between noon and 4 today so the workout was super quick. I managed to get in some cardio on a sloggy cross-trainer since the one I favor was once again in use. It's too bad there's only one Life Fitness cross-trainer that will set resistance to Zero, but of course, it's also the only one that has the idiot Hybrid mode kick in, negating the Zero resistance setting. I've barely enough time for pull ups, push ups and some core stuff. Then it's a hot shower and back home.

Just in time! The fellow shows up within 10 minutes to change the RO (reverse osmosis) filter for our drinking water, and fix the water softener. Our water is 12 grains hard but with a pH of 6.5. It literally eats pipes. But it tastes good. Over a year ago, I had a fellow clean out the boiler. He was a nice enough man, but careless. He didn't fully plug the acid neutralizer back into the socket, and the unit stopped working properly. My electrician tells me that partial currents will absolutely kill appliances, and that's what happened. Ugh. I was hoping not to have to replace the entire thing. Even as a rebuild, it was pricey. Today costed more than a normal service call, but less than a complete replacement. Whew!

My hubs has been enamored of a new Netflix original series called Frontier, starring Jason Momoa (Aquaman, Khal Drogo) and Landon Liboiron (Hemlock Grove, Degrassi: Next Gen). While it's intriguing enough with British redcoats, angry Irish and Scottish opportunists, fur trappers and traders, and complicated inter-tribal relationships, the most compelling thing about the show is the introductory theme music. Much like Game of Thrones, the music is mesmerizing. Unlike GoT, this is a mix of primal Cree chanting, with drum and string (fiddles?) undertones. I found a downloadable MP3 version I'm tempted to toss into my gym mix. Click here if you're interested.

Here's a YouTube version of the show's opening titles in case you haven't heard it... Give a listen!


Monday

30 min xtrainer
Calories 132
Miles 3.28
143 Average Heart Rate

HGPU 26
Mid Band Pulls 15
High Band Pulls 15
Push Ups 60
Scissors 50
Bicycles 50
Crunches 50
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...