Thursday, December 21, 2017

Nexersys Demonic Possession

I actually got to the gym relatively early today, and the locker room wasn't too crowded. Timing is everything. I knock out my 10 min warm up on the cross-trainer because all the ellipticals are occupied by extremely chatty women. I'm glad I can't hear them from where I am. I dutifully execute the T, Y and I baby bell raises, and then band pulls. I'm also very careful to apply enough moleskin to the last two knuckles of my right hand because they tend to get a bruise between them. Weird, right?

I select Follow Me from among the 5 programs, level Beginner, 7 rounds. The default is for all the programs to be on so you have to select all the programs you don't want to engage. Somehow the machine clicks the Sparring selection back on and I didn't notice. Until Round 2. So Round 1 was a good Follow Me, and Round Two is an no-holds-barred free-for-all. Except that the machine stops a good dozen times to tell me that I'm hitting too hard. Seriously? The screen also blanks a half dozen times so I have no idea what combination I've missed, not that it matters. Ugh. 
stock photo

The Sparring Screen Avatar differs from the Follow Me in that the avatar has green areas which increasingly redden the more strikes it accumulates. The machine tells you that red areas do not score as high as green areas, so you need to use a variety of blows, not just Cross & Jab. I'd have to search the PDF manual to figure out exactly how the points are tallied though. In the Follow Me program, no area is lit until a strike is called for, sometimes in combination. It briefly turns green if the strike is considered successful.

I can honestly say that the Sparring rounds were much more intense than the Follow Me rounds. Probably because I was annoyed and wailed on the machine with multiple combinations. And I was relieved that the Intermediate Follow Me rounds were only Follow Me. The last round, Advance, was just crazy, and glitchy. Combos would pop up and disappear like ghosts. I couldn't take it very seriously, but then again, I was pretty beat by then. But I did manage to squeeze out my pull ups once I got my hands free. And no knuckle bruises that I can see. Tomorrow's Intervals are going to be really hard. I can already tell...but at least now it's Winter. Happy Solstice!


Thursday

10 x-trainer
Calories 48
Miles 1.29

T, Y & I DB Raises
3lbs x 15
5lbs x 15

Mid Band Pulls 15
High Band Pulls 15

Nexersys Follow Me
7r Beginner (2,4,6 sparring!)
6r Intermediate
1r Advance

HGPU 26

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...