Wednesday, December 13, 2017

A Chill Everywhere

My phone said it was 20°F outside, but sadly, it was wrong. The thermometer actually read 14 when I took the dog outside. It was still 14 when my son and I were standing at the bus stop. Fourteen isn't bad if there's no wind, but I think there's some sort of Arctic clipper rustling through. "Thanks Canada," my son said to no one in particular through his fleece face warmer. And even though I'd already been out twice, I still had a hard time convincing myself to start the car and head to the gym. But I did get there.

I did my standard warm ups, and then planned for a descending sequence of rounds as I advanced the difficulty level. As long as the Advance level ended in 1 round, since that's the only way I can be assured of having it play fair, in Traditional stance. I see regulars and I'm glad I can't hear any of them. Not The Mayor, or Loud Mouth, or Stinky Butt.

My knuckles sting a bit and I realize that I've been a little lax with how I taped my hands. There's nothing I can do about it since the tape is already under cotton wraps and my gloves. And I'm not about to interrupt my set just because of a little stinging. When I finally unwrap everything, my knuckles are a little pink, but nothing skinned or actually bruised. Pull ups, afterwards, are kind of hard at the end. Because I'm actually a bit tired, and a whole lot hungry. Ugh. I had coffee and yogurt (with my vitamins) for breakfast, but it's not enough... The fried chicken I brought home from the grocery yesterday tasted really good, but of course, the salt content is making me retain water. (I don't have enough time to make dinner between kung fu and Boy Scouts so I rely on ready-made food. By the time Scouts is over, it's past 9 pm.) Or that's what I tell myself when I step on the scale. Ugh. 112.4 lbs. I'll know whether it's water for sure when I get on the scale tomorrow. Sigh.

Wednesday

10 min elliptical
Calories 94
Miles 0.84

T, Y & I DB Raises
3lbs x 15
5lbs x 15

Mid Band Pulls 15
High Band Pulls 15

Nexersys
7r Beginner
6r Intermediate
1r Advance

HGPU 26

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...