Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Finally It's Whack the Damn Machine Day

There's something a tad unsettling about having 70+ degree weather in October up in the Northeast. Because you at least expect some chill in the air. The leaves are doing their color show, going from greens to orange, yellow and reds. And then falling onto the roadways, wet and slippery from Storm Nate's downpour. We lost power for two hours yesterday, and the tree tops waved about quite a lot. That's the extent of our hurricane season so far, and I like that. Nothing dramatic up here. But it IS weirdly warm. And we're all tempted to turn on the A/C even though it's October...

I've been a bit disappointed that I've only caught 3 moths in 2 Meal Moth traps. Granted, these traps only attract male moths and in the first two days I installed these glorified glue traps, I did clap 3 moths out of the air because they were acting crazy. And I did smote another 6 moths outside the cabinet doors. But that's not unusual. I'll smush a good half dozen moths and think I'm done. Then three days later, a whole new crop of moths usually flutters out of a box or bag of something. That hasn't happened so far. I have found a few tiny larva on the lid of a container that holds bags of rice though... I'm still holding my breath to see if maybe I've finally eradicated my Indian Meal Moth problem. Fingers crossed.

The gym is crowded when I arrive, but that's because I'm here earlier than usual. I'm also here on a Tuesday, and so it empties out fairly quickly. After my 10 minute warm up on the elliptical, and shoulder exercises, I'm ready to whack the machine. But my right hand isn't quite right along the ring and pinky fingers. I'm having a hard time clenching my fist properly. But it's not nearly as bad as when I use my left fist for a Lead Body and watch as my wrist crumples down. Luckily I manage to pull the punch so I don't actually destroy my joint. OMG! WTF was that about? I need to be more focused when I'm tossing jabs and kicks or I run the risk of hurting myself. Ugh.

I have the best time during round 5 Intermediate because everything seems to flow. I'm in sync with both the music (which happens to be Billy Idol's Sherri) and all the blows being called by the program. It's like a wonderfully executed dance routine!


There are only a few songs that match tempo with movement so perfectly. I wish they were all like this one, but of course, that'd be quite a feat to achieve such a playlist...

The gym is virtually empty when I'm done. Not sure if I'm going to work out tomorrow though... 

Tuesday

10 warmup
Calories 94
Miles 0.83

T, Y & I Raises
3lbs x 15
5lbs x 15

Band Pulls
Mid 15
High 15

Nexersys Follow Me
7r Beginner
8r Intermediate

HGPU 26

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...