Thursday, October 26, 2017

When You Know It's Going to Hurt

Horrible lighting here
I spent yesterday running errands and sitting in the waiting room of my son's dermatologist for an hour. He's always overbooked. Eventually we get in to see him, and the nurse seems surprised when I tell her about my son's bout of impetigo. The doc says that my son's skin is healing normally. What concerns both of us is the red spot on his cheek. Because it's not behaving like a normal pimple. It doesn't help that my son has scratched at it. I've seen enough scary photos of children with MRSA infections to be worried. The doc thinks it's the trauma of being scratched. And he prescribes a strong steroid cream for that spot. For the acne, the doc says a gel containing benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin should work since I don't want my son taking the oral antibiotics anymore.

The CVS is out of stock for the steroid ointment. And my insurance refuses to cover the acne treatment. WTF? If we switch to a generic, and the health insurance service rep names DUAC brand, then it's a $45 copay. Without insurance, a 30-day supply is almost $300. WTF? Is having decent adolescent skin only for the wealthy now? The dermatology office says they'll investigate and get back to me later. Yep... later. Like maybe next week?

It's a cute dress!
I get to the gym and do my routine warm up for Whack the Machine Day. But today I decide to give the machine with the new parts a go. I actually put extra padding on under my gloves. But the new parts are so stiff and the angle is set for a person taller than I am. Which is, like, everyone else. Ugh. I only do 5 rounds Beginner, and 5 rounds Intermediate. Because my knuckles are stinging under the gloves, tape and wraps. When I peel everything off later, my knuckles are bruised and pink. Ugh. Still it was a good workout. And I still got my hammer grip pull ups done. The Mayor and Big Mustache are chatting loudly. I see Little R from the back. He always takes his T-shirt off once he gets going. Wearing just a white "wife-beater" and sport pants, he's got that beautiful V-taper and nice shoulders. Well, at least there's one guy who qualifies as eye-candy here.

Yesterday I went to Kmart to buy my son a new pair of inexpensive sneakers. He tends to wear his footwear into the ground, until he's got huge holes in the soles and elsewhere. I remember being like that as a kid too. My son's got wide feet, and hates shoelaces. Luckily Kmart has white leather extra-wide Everlast brand sneakers with velcro straps. Once he asked me if they were old people shoes. I asked him if that was a problem. Otherwise I'd have to buy him lace ups. Not a problem. I saw $12 dresses and had to try one on. It fit pretty good so I bought it. Not sure where I'd wear it to, but it's not risqué and cheap enough. Yay for me.

Thursday

10 min xtrainer
Calories 48
Miles 1.33
Average Heart Rate 152

T, Y & I DB Raises
3lbs x 15
5lbs x 15

Mid Band Pulls 15
High Pulls 15

Nexersys
Follow Me
5r Beginner
5r Intermediate 

HGPU 26

2 comments:

  1. Dayum! Nice biceps! We had a prob with DH's endocrinologist. Doc was supposed to send in a request for a continuous glucose monitor due to hypoglycemic unawareness for DH. We saw him back in Sept. He only got around to sending in the request last week...Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Not bad for not doing any bicep work, right?

    Good grief! Why did your doc wait so long? I told my son we'd just try using the OTC acne-washes for now to see if we could keep his skin reasonable. (I don't even think he needs the steroid cream for the red spot anymore.)

    ReplyDelete

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...