Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Maybe I'm Just Always in a Bad Mood

I have a 9:45 annual physical this morning which means no coffee. It's a 6 hour fast, but more like 12 since I'm not gnoshing at 3 am. I have a cup of super strong black tea, but that's not particularly satisfying. I'm hungry by 9 am, and I decide to get on my home scale since my hair's dry. 109.2 lbs, which is what it was last month, but the body fat was better then. It's been creeping up. Today read 15.7% which is 1/2% higher. I've noticed that my pants feel tighter around the belly. Ugh.

My doc wants me to get a Bone Density scan again. It's been 3 years and I have a mild case of osteopenia (new bone isn't being made as quickly as old bones are dissolving). It runs in my family, and since I'm a tiny, small-boned Asian, that's not unusual. I don't really feel the need for the test. No one has ever broken any bones in my family (well, except for my brother who cracked a rib sneezing), so it's highly unlikely that this test will tell me anything new.

I don't need a colonoscopy for another 3 years, and I have a mammogram scheduled for next week. Sigh. Everyone wants to do an ultrasound because I have "Type C" dense breast tissue. Which would be a problem if I had big boobs. Or even normal sized boobs. But I can barely justify a bralette with triple-As so I'm not worried. Still, since insurance says it's covered with a doctor's "pre-authorization" ('cuz we wouldn't want to be getting tests just for the fun of it) well I figure I can get it done this once... but when this is done, I'm seriously thinking of never doing it again.

I suck down an Ensure High Protein RTD in the parking lot because low blood sugar is making me light-headed, and in a foul mood. Maybe today's just the day to hate people? How about the skank who left a bloody vagina print on the bench inside the locker room? You can't tell me she didn't know she was having her period. Luckily, one of the female trainers was in the bathroom and could don rubber gloves and disinfectant wipes after I pointed the smear out to her. What the hell is wrong with people?!

Of course, yesterday there was the fat smelly guy, reminiscent of Comic Book Guy (The Simpsons), who not only reeks like he never washes his clothes, but decides to do air squats between sets of curls on the Preacher Bench. Not too bad until you realize that the Stretch Mats are 5 feet from the Preacher, and he steps back so his butt is literally a foot from me as I stretched out. Ugh. I rotate myself so that I'm facing the storage closet instead of his stinky fat butt. And for future reference, I'm avoiding any space he occupies like he's got the plague. Because he does.

I warm up on an elliptical, and realize that it's broken. I can still pedal on it, but the manual functions are non-responsive. It's probably a computer chip or something. In the free weigh area, I do baby bell shoulder warm ups. Little R is doing DB curls superset with ab work on the latest gym toy: a sliding ab glider near the Stretch Cage. He's a regular who doesn't spend too much time chatting, and he's got a nice trim muscular physique to show for all his hard work. I would tell him that I think he's looking good, except all the other guys would notice that I actually spoke to a guy, and that would be uncomfortable for me. And him. Because middle-age guys are like teenage girls. Seriously.

The Mayor is back today, and spends half his time chatting while strolling on the treadmill. He's never on a cardio machine unless he's got someone's captive ear. At the Nexersys, I realize too late that I still have issues with keeping my left wrist straight, and my right fist tight. At least I don't cause myself any serious injury. The Cross pad looks worn, and gives a tad too much. That tells me that the arm is loose, and might need repair soon. Or replacement. Gym Owner has a service guy in and they've disassembled the cross-trainer. I wonder if I should tell them about the elliptical. I'm such a pain in the butt...

I haven't touched the "fixed" machine because 1) it's too close to the Espresso Bikes; 2) the trophy bike wheel and list of participants is but 3 feet directly behind it; 3) there's no other way to get to the CF stations on the other side of the Espresso bikes. It's bad enough when people hover behind me, chatting. Worse when they're on their cell and we can all hear their honey screaming back "I Love You Baby!" over the ambient gym music, and my own plugged in tunes. Good grief!

Still, I'm missing going to a dance party. There are suddenly a lot of local venues offering DJs and costume contests for the Friday night before Halloween. I don't care about costumes. I just want to go dancing. That's one of the few things I really miss about college: going to a mixer and suddenly some great song comes on and everyone's on the dance floor. Of course, I don't need other people to be dancing. I'm perfectly fine Dancing with Myself...



Wednesday

10 min warm up
Calories 95
Miles 0.84

T, Y & I DB Raises
3lbs x15
5lbs x 15

Mid Band Pulls 15
High Band Pulls 15

Nexersys Follow Me
7r Beginner
8r Intermediate

HGPU 26

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...