Friday, September 29, 2017

Whack Whack Whack

I almost overslept this morning because unseasonably cool temps make great sleeping weather. I wake up just in time to get my son up so he doesn't miss the school bus. It's 46°F outside! It was 82 yesterday. The weather is absolutely crazy.

Still, it takes me forever to get to the gym. I get distracted too easily by all the things I need to do at some point, and while I'm thinking of it, well, might as well do it. Like dishes and laundry. And the dog is not feeling well. He has days where he just looks unhappy, and doesn't touch his food. His tummy is quiet and he's not searching for grass to nibble. He is 14 and a half so I'll give him a day before I really start to worry.

I get to the gym at noon. It's mostly empty. Because it's Friday. And it's actually sunny and fairly nice, except for the wind. I see Gym Owner with a screw driver and a can of WD-40. He's doing some maintenance on the treadmills. I wonder if he's had a chance to look at the Life Fitness cross-trainer with the wonky flywheel? I use the Precor elliptical for 10 minutes, then do my baby bell shoulder movements, followed by band pulls. Now I'm ready to whack the machine.

I got new Bluetooth earbuds from Amazon. The prices have dropped dramatically, and I don't recognize any brand names so I make my selection purely by the number of good reviews. I choose the All Cart Bluetooth Noise Cancelling In-Ear Sports Earbuds for under $20. They work well, and, although a bit clunky, are decently comfortable. The only difficulty I'm having is getting used to the controls which don't feel intuitive, and are hard to use with my left hand. It is nice not having to worry about the sweat flap, because there is no sweat flap. The charging port is actually on the right earbud! (Still, I keep my old pair of Parasom earbuds in my gear bag just in case. These are the earbuds that are very comfortable because they're so tiny, but the sweat flap was designed to impede the charging cable so I eventually just ripped it off. Eventually, sweat is going to destroy those earbuds too. I'm pretty sure that's what happened to my last two pairs of Bluetooth earbuds.)

I do 8 rounds Beginner, and 7 rounds Intermediate. I'm not really tired when I'm done, but I am sweaty. Still, I have a hard time finishing my reps for hammer grip pull ups. But that's all I'm doing today. I have had a picnic pork shoulder in a low heat (225F) oven since 10:15 this morning, lightly rubbed with liquid smoke and salt. Kahlua pork for supper!

Left: Sport Knit Pants  Right: Starfish Pants
Both pants are size Petite XS in black
  
I also get my Lands End order of pants. After trying them on, I have to return 2 out of 3 of them. And I'm not 100% happy with the item I'm actually keeping, if only because it doesn't really have pockets. But I knew that when I ordered it. It does have a semi-useful zippered credit card pocket just under the waistband over the front right hip. Why can't these comfy pants actually have front slash pockets? Then they'd be useful. The pants going back have nice big pockets, and are made of super soft comfy fabric. But the narrow elastic waistband is uncomfortably tight, and the pants are clownishly big in the hips. Who the heck are these pants made for? Granted, I'm not a wasp-waist woman, but this is ridiculous...

Friday

10 elliptical
Calories 94
Miles 0.83

T, Y & I Raises
3lbs x 15
5lbs x 15

Mid Band Pulls 15
High Band Pulls 15

Nexersys Follow Me
8r Beginner
7r Intermediate

HGPU 26

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...