Thursday, September 14, 2017

Rest vs Guilt

I took yesterday off because I had a lot of stuff to do, not that I was entirely successful. Still, it was really hard to get myself to the gym this morning. The body just wants to laze around, especially when it hasn't had enough sleep. But that's not really an excuse in today's society. We are chronically sleepless, and not in Seattle.

Ten minutes before the end of the program, I can feel my pinky toe going numb. The stinging creeps across the ball of my foot, encompassing each toe in tiny increments. I know once I stop pedaling, the numbness goes away so I'm not too perturbed. I feel guilty that I didn't work out yesterday so I pedal hard. Maybe I'm kind of rested too. Still, I'm surprised that I'm past four and a half miles when I finish. The first set of pull ups is hard. Spoke too soon. Not feeling rested at all!

I do some push ups, then ab work. I can knock out another set of push ups without any issue. I feel great about that! I see The Mayor, but I don't hear him. That's great too! The gym isn't very crowded, but I'm set on doing a Cardio Day. Both Step Mills are occupied so I hop on the elliptical. Not crazy about doing Intervals because I want the backward motion of the other programs. There's no backward pedaling in Intervals. I could work at that one of these days, though. Instead, I tap in Program 1 and turn up my music. It feels good!

This is the most mileage I've done in one gym session so I'm quite pleased. I'm also drenched. Pull Ups are easier now so I do more. Then a quick Mat stretch and I'm done. Yaaay me!

Thursday
7.70 miles

35 xtrainer
Calories 169
Miles 4.69
Average Heart Rate 152

HGPU 26
Push Ups 60
Scissors 50
Bicycle 50
Crunches 50
Push Ups 60

35 elliptical
Program 1
Miles 3.01
Calories 342
Average Heart Rate 140

HGPU 31

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...