Friday, September 1, 2017

Always Good

It's surprisingly cool out this morning at 50°F. Autumn is coming quicker than I expected! But the weather is dry and sunny. I have no actual complaints. I have half a tank of gas and figure I should top it off but change my mind as I drive past the BP station. How did the price leap from $2.55 to $2.89 overnight? I think Hurricane Harvey is only partly to blame. Unfortunately, price gouging for the long holiday weekend seems to be the norm. Ugh.

The gym is mostly empty. I do my 10 minutes on the elliptical, then warm up my shoulders with little chrome DBs. The shoulders feel okay today. Even the band pulls feel okay. I'm torn between giving the repaired machine another go, or just sticking to the machine with the broken jab sensor. Hmmmm. Maybe I'll let more people break in the "repaired" machine. It's still too springy for me.

I see a few regulars as I pause between rounds. Not WTC guy, but Marine is back. Haven't seen him in weeks. There are a few other people I visually recognize but don't know. A pretty "California blonde" is running on the treadmill closest to the kickboxing machines. I usually spot her from behind, when I'm on the cross-trainer. From this angle, which is to her left and about two-feet below, I can see that she really needs a better sports bra. She holds her arms bent, almost in front of her chest while her breasts bounce like a Baywatch babe. That just looks painful!

The asshat (who interrupted me at the Stretch Cage some months ago in order to do a hanging stretch) is pedaling behind me on one of the cross-trainers. I can see his reflection in the kickboxing screen. He's probably staring at Blondie because guys are hard-wired for those sort of visuals. I also see creepy PJ Pants. He pauses on the exit ramp behind the cross-trainers. Maybe he's staring at Blondie too? Well, at least he hasn't mouthed "I love you" lately. That was so creepy and gross.

The Beginner level does its job and warms me up. The Intermediate rounds vary from being fun and exciting, to downright ridiculous. Some combinations are impossible to complete, so I suspect there's a glitch in the software. I don't let it bother me. I'm just here for the cardio, although I do miss some of the more complicated combos. My forearms are a bit sore when I finally get to the Stretch Cage. Still, I don't let it stop me from doing pull ups. I get to 30, but I can't clear my chin for the next rep. Okay... that's a half. I've sucked down almost all my water and I'm drenched. The gym scale says 108.8 lbs and I'm good with that.

Not sure if I'll be at the gym Monday. It's a holiday, but the gym will be open for limited hours. Because you can't say No to a gym rat.

Friday

10 elliptical
Calories 93.5
Miles 0.83

T, Y & I Raises
3lbs x 15
5lbs x 15

Mid Band Pulls 15
High Band Pulls 15

Nexersys Follow Me
7r Beginner
7r Intermediate

HGPU 30.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...