Thursday, September 7, 2017

Running Hot

My hubs got home after midnight due to a deadline. I was still up just to direct him to the dinner plate I left him in the kitchen. But I went to sleep before he finished. Still, the alarm was really painful this morning, and even more so for my son. He needs a lot more sleep than I do. In just a few months, he's lost 5-7 lbs, and sprouted a few inches. Kids are weird like that. Nothing makes me feel old like having to look up at my kid. Seriously! When did I become my grandmother? Granted, she only stood 4 foot 8 or so, but she's been a towering presence in my childhood. I'm hoping not to lose too much height. We all do as we age, so it's not looking promising. Ugh.

I'm really hungry this morning so after morning coffee, I make myself a bowl of oatmeal and toss in a cup of frozen blueberries to cool it down. Then a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream flavored 100% whey protein powder (Optimum Nutrition). It's yummy! Usually I work out fasted, with just the coffee. Well, it's not 100% fasted because there's sugar and half & half in the coffee, but that's virtually negligible. Yesterday I had a blood-orange flavored Greek-style yogurt for breakfast. And I've noticed one peculiar thing: I don't cool down nearly as much during a workout if I've eaten breakfast. Not sure if I'm burning any fat though...

Normally, I rely on the 30+ minutes of cardio to get me super warm. Then it's "safe" for me to work out. But I tend to cool down a lot if I'm not moving. So I don't like to gab between sets. But when I eat breakfast, I tend to run hot all throughout the entire workout. Unless there's something wrong with me, or my temperature regulator? Yesterday's yogurt didn't last the entire workout and I was ravenous by the time I got myself showered and changed. Of course, yesterday was a Pull Day, and I probably burned considerably more calories. I say probably, because I really have no idea.

Today I did my cardio warm up, then body weight and core exercises before hopping back on the elliptical. I never got hungry. But I did sweat myself stinky. You know you reek when you hold your breath to pull off your gym clothes because they smell so ripe. And I always wear freshly laundered clothes to the gym! The only real bummer about being so sweaty is that it gets into the power port of the bluetooth collar. No matter how I try and how often I try, the flap pops open and stays that way. Sweat kills electronics! I find myself taking my hoodie sleeve just to blot the port end. Ugh.

I'm still not hungry, hours past my workout. I might just make this breakfast thing a new habit. I'm going to see how well it holds me tomorrow when I whack the machine. So far things are looking good. The gym scale tells me 109.0 lbs so I'm happy. I wish I was a little leaner, but that's not going to kill my day.

Thursday
7.53 miles

35 xtrainer
Calories 166
Miles 4.52
Average Heart Rate 148

HGPU 29
Push Ups 50
Scissors 50
Bicycle 50
Crunches 50
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Superman 2 x 30s

35 elliptical
Program 3
Miles 3.01
Calories 342
Average Heart Rate 150

HGPU 29


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...