Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Longer Than I Planned

I planned to just do a Cardio Day today since I hadn't been to the gym in 4 days. So I finished 30 minutes on the x-trainer, did a few pull ups and then the much neglected core. Kept my push ups to 50 though. And then I saw that the Smith was completely vacant and I was over there in a flash. There was even a flat bench nearby to swap out the adjustable inclined bench.

I'm the smallest one in the raft!
It wasn't as if I was a total spud all weekend. We drove to Hickory Run State Park in Pennsylvania on Saturday and set up camp with fellow Boy Scouts from our Troop, and non-Scout friends and family. Then a quick mile hike to a waterfall. I don't do icy cold wading pools but my son does. The next day we drove to the Pocono White Water Rafting company and paddled 12 miles of white water in the Lehigh River. A few people fell into the water, but were rescued. We got stuck on the rocks a few times, but managed to bump ourselves off. It was great fun and we got some great photos and amusing T-shirts for souvenirs. Once back to camp, it started to rain. Our tent was dry. We had also set up a giant tarp over two picnic tables. But our friend's tent, housing him and his two teenage sons, leaked like a sieve. He said he was dryer river rafting. We all abandoned camp the next morning. But we had a great time.

Monday was spent doing loads of laundry and sorting through camping equipment. Yesterday I loaded my car with 40+ photos and drove over to the venue in Montrose. Luckily I didn't have to hang the show by myself, and it got done in a few hours. So I've been busy, just not at the gym. But once I got to 100 lbs on the flat bench, the right shoulder started to ache and that worried me. Of course, while I was moving 120 lbs, the shoulder didn't hurt, but I was glad that I'd decided in advance to cut reps as I added weight. And I was mighty pleased to get my 25 reps at 90 lbs at the end. It wasn't even that hard. Which means I should either add weight, or reps.

Inclined presses were harder, and the DB lateral supersets were actually easier. Weird. The gym starts to fill up with the lunchtime crowd of HS boys and middle age men. I see a kid doing skull crushers and wonder why he doesn't do the two-part Rip Skulls instead. But of course, I'm not one to say anything to anybody, unless they're in imminent danger. I knock out my sets and then spend only 20 minutes on the elliptical. My pull ups suck today. But at least I can still do them.

Wednesday
Cardio Day after long weekend becomes a Push Day
5.31 total cardio miles

30 min x-trainer
Miles 3.61
Calories 148
Average Heart Rate 151

HGPU 26
Knee-Ins 50
Push Ups 50
Crunches 3 x 50
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s

T, Y & I Raises
3lbs x 15
5lbs x 15

Smith Flat Bench
Bar (30) x 15 Rt shoulder ache
80 x 12
100 x 10
120 x 8
90 x 25 feels okay

Smith Inclined Press
Bar x 15
50 x 12
70 x 12
80 x 12

DB Laterals s/s Rev Incl Flyes
20/25lbs x 12/15reps x 2 sets
20/25 x 15/20 x 1

Rip Skulls
40lbs x 12 x 3

20 min elliptical
Program 1
Miles 1.70
Calories 192
Average Heart Rate 140

Wide HGPU 15

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had fun going rafting! Is your son in the raft with you, or is it just adults in that raft?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone older than 7 yrs old can river raft. In the photo, my hubs is up front with the sunglasses and hat, then there's the two teenage boys, followed by my son and my hubs friend, and finally me. Of course, we wound up switching positions to balance the raft better, but this is how we started.

    ReplyDelete

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...