Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Even More Broken

It's cool enough this morning that I pack a flannel shirt in my gym bag for later. But as the sun emerges from the clouds, the day heats up. The gym is moderately empty. I've been coming late enough to miss the morning gaggle of women participating in various classes. I like it better this way. I do my standard warm up: 10 min on the elliptical, and then those baby bell raises in the T, Y and I formation. I see a few regulars. They're finally realizing that I have absolutely no interest in interacting with them: a bunch of fat, broken horny old men. Yuck.

The Nexersys machines don't look any better this week. The dry sauna has been fixed, but I have no hope of getting my favorite machines repaired. They've been broken for far too long. I start off with the machine on the right because all the sensors work and I can log in with my profile. Unfortunately, the upper right pad hangs even lower now. Being short, I can't quite see the screen properly and miss a few combinations. Ugh.

I do the next 5 rounds at the machine to the left, the one with broken sensors in both upper pads. So it doesn't register jabs, cross, hooks or elbows. After 5 rounds, it tells me that I ought to cut back my rounds and concentrate on stamina and pacing because it thinks I actually missed all those strikes. I didn't, but it doesn't know that. I'm both annoyed and amused. I try to do 5 rounds Advanced Level, but am reminded that the machine defaults to SouthPaw for no good reason. It only does this at the Advance Level. It won't let me punch in a profile either. So I can use the other machine, where I'll miss half the combinations because I can't see the screen, or I can just do another 5 rounds at Intermediate. And that's what I do.

Afterwards, I just do some wide hammer grip pull ups. My left elbow complains as I approach 20, so that's as far as I get. I don't even think I can do regular pull ups because of how my elbows and forearms react. Well, at least this movement works biceps as well as back. For someone who doesn't actually do any curls (not lately anyway), the biceps are still decent enough.

Wednesday

10 min warm up elliptical
Calories 97.7
Miles 0.86

T, Y & I Raises
3lbs x 15
5lbs x 15

Nexersys
5r Beginner (right machine broken left arm)
5r Intermediate (no upper sensors)
5r Intermediate again because Advance defaults to Southpaw

WHGPU 20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...