Friday, March 31, 2017

The Scale Hasn't Budged

Small changes make big differences. I find this especially true about my weight and what I have for lunch. If I eat like a normal person, my weight doesn't really change. But if I swap out real food for a protein shake and fat-free milk, I see the pounds drop off. Lately, I've been hungry even before I leave the house, so that's a bit troubling. I wind up scarfing down some Greek yogurt, along with two Optic Nerve vitamins, vitamin B12 and D.

Today I finally remembered that I have a giant tub of Cabot's® high-protein Greek-style yogurt in the back of the fridge. It's way past the Best By Date of Feb 27 so I'm kind of worried. But because I never broke the interior plastic seal, the yogurt is fine. I scoop some out and pour maple syrup on it to have for breakfast. However, this does not stop my stomach from growling at me later in my workout.

I get on the cross-trainer for 30 minutes and am really happy that my feet don't go numb until the last 5 minutes. I regularly rotate my gym footwear so I don't think it's a particular shoe that's the issue. It's probably just me. I have vague notions of using the Step Mill or Erg rowing machine, but the Step Mills are occupied. My shoulder is feeling worse than usual and I'm not sure why. It actually aches down to the bone, and possible down my arm to the ring finger. Maybe it's the RG BB Curls from yesterday? Seems highly unlikely. But it's enough to forestall any idea of rowing.

On the Mat, I only do Bird Dogs and Side Planks and intersperse some yoga stretches, like child's pose and up dog (cobra). I make the Side Planks more interesting by lifting the top leg for 30 seconds, up from 10 seconds. Then I grab an assortment of DBs and knock out delts. Because I feel guilty about not doing any tricep work, as in push ups or benching, I do a few sets of Rip Skulls. Then Intervals on the elliptical. I admit I do have more energy to expend here since I skipped a whole lot of weight-lifting and body weight work.

The gym scale reads 110.2 lbs. It really hasn't budged all week. Oh well... I really should take my dietary habits more seriously, and cut more fat out. Sigh... Well, I've logged in over 30 miles of cardio this week. So that's something. The "boys" are going camping with the Scouts tomorrow. Maybe I'll actually get something done!

Friday
6.51 total miles

30 min x-trainer
Calories 138
Miles 3.79
Average Heart Rate 138

Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s

DB front / Lateral / rear
15/20/25 lbs x 12/12/15 reps x 2
20/20/25 lbs x 12/12/15 reps x 1

Rip Skulls
40 lbs x 12 reps x 3

30 min elliptical
Intervals
Calories 312
Miles 2.72
Total strides 4740

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...