Friday, March 3, 2017

Small Blessings

I slept in today because my son didn't have school. The dog slept in too! But my hubs was up and out the door before I wandered out to the kitchen. At least he made coffee. By the time I get myself together, my son is up and already plugged into an online gaming session. The morning gym crowd is just exiting and most of the equipment is available. I'm not anticipating a great run today. I've forgotten to drink any kefir or take my B-12 so I'll have to do that later. I'm not actually sore, or tired but my shoulder did ache a bit when I woke up. I think it's from being inactive. Once I'm warmed up, I don't really feel it.

After 30 minutes on the cross-trainer (where my feet start to tingle with only 10 minutes to go) I clamber up the Step Mill and do 20 minutes there. It's amazing how exhausting it is just to walk up steps! Of course, I do different steps to ward off boredom, spending a minute side-stepping to the left, then another minute side-stepping to the right, then maybe climbing the steps by balancing on the arches of each foot. You get the idea.

Just a little stretching at the Cage and then some push ups and planks. I skip the crunches and knee-ins because my tail bone feels sore, which is odd. I have a long sloping butt so the tail bone itself isn't really protected by my glutes. Or, with my vivid imagination, I could have some horrible disease... I've probably got the beginnings of a Planter's Wart in the center of the ball of my left foot. Sometimes I can feel something pinch when I press down on the cross-trainer pedal. There are callouses, but there's a singular grain of sand under that slab of callous. Ugh. I'm pretty certain it's a wart. My son had one and we had to visit a podiatrist to get his removed. Afterwards, my credit card got compromised so I don't trust that doctor's office anymore.

Push ups are slightly harder today because I skipped them yesterday. I can only imagine how straight up nasty pull ups are going to feel once I get back to them. Planks are okay though. I'm tempted to go play on the Smith machine because the whole weight area is virtually deserted. But I want to give my shoulder today and the weekend to rest up. However, I do Intervals on the elliptical, and that'll get your heart racing! I'm always happy when I do over 6 miles of cardio. Especially since I just read how the optimum amount one should run/walk for health is 7 miles a day. What I don't understand is how the article then backtracks and says that 7 hours of standing is just as good. Or that weekend warriors are good too. Well, I guess versus a desk jockey who's also a couch spud on the weekends?

The gym scale reads 108.0 lbs and I'm slightly surprised. True, I only drank half my bottle today, and true, I'm doing extra cardio, and not pushing much iron. I just hope I'm not losing all my hard-earned muscle in a quest to be lighter and leaner, while babying the iffy joints. I snap a selfie and worry that I'm losing size in all the wrong places. But my arm does feel better lately. And I've been reading print without my drugstore 1X glasses, so maybe things are starting to improve... Of course, it's now snowing as I type this. Yep, an Alberta Clipper is bringing us snow right now.

Friday
6.34 miles

30 min x-trainer
Calories 140
Miles 3.68
Average Speed 7.36
Average Pace 8:09

20 min StepMill
Calories 159
Level 6
Flights climbed 67
1081 total steps

Push Ups 80
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s

30 min elliptical
Intervals
Calories 304
Miles 2.66

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...